Fastest production motorcycle in the world

Casper

I'll just say it because it's the common problem with all these "lists" that we keep going 'round and 'round with...

<obvious>

I don't know why they included the $150,000 MTT Y2K bike... yea it's "production", yea it's ugly, yea it's unique... but all the other bikes on the list can be had for under $30k.

If they're going to include the Y2K, they need to base the list on a dollar amount. For example, given $30,000, what's the fastest top speed you can ring out of a production bike, and what bike would you choose? I bet you could get a ZX-14, XX, or Busa in the Y2K top speed territory if you add that much extra coin on top of it.

</obvious>

This list is like taking a Ferrari and placing it on a list with a bunch of Hondas, Nissans, Chevys and Fords. Everything is usually judged by the almighty dollar (value), so throw the Y2K bike out on this list.

Edited by JRMMiii

Oh man, the Busa beats the 14 by 4 mph, it must be teh best bike evar!1!!1!!!

:rant:

...the Busa vs. 14 quarrel has to be one of my most hated aspects of sportbiking. Take a fat guy with a bad riding position and aerodynamics and put him on the Busa and a skinny guy with a proper riding position on the 14, and the 14 will probably have a higher real-world top speed; the difference is that minor. But no, people insist that one is way better than the other. I'm not saying that it's a huge problem on this board, but some places you go people are so goddamn adamant about their loyalties that you'd think Suzuki or Kawasaki pays them to praise their respective bike.

:rant:

Edited by Harb67

I'll just say it because it's the common problem with all these "lists" that we keep going 'round and 'round with...

<obvious>

I don't know why they included the $150,000 MTT Y2K bike... yea it's "production", yea it's ugly, yea it's unique... but all the other bikes on the list can be had for under $30k.

If they're going to include the Y2K, they need to base the list on a dollar amount. For example, given $30,000, what's the fastest top speed you can ring out of a production bike, and what bike would you choose? I bet you could get a ZX-14, XX, or Busa in the Y2K top speed territory if you add that much extra coin on top of it.

</obvious>

This list is like taking a Ferrari and placing it on a list with a bunch of Hondas, Nissans, Chevys and Fords. Everything is usually judged by the almighty dollar (value), so throw the Y2K bike out on this list.

too true justin, the mtt is a bit of a ludicrous addition to the list...

another good example would be towing power: ford f350, dodge 3500, chevrolet 3500, or this thing...

960e.jpg

I personally feel that Busa vs the 14 is a matter of preference. If it's going to be used strictly for a street bike you should never be pushing it that hard. They both perform very well and have enough power. Just depends on which one you like.

I still can't decide how I feel about the design. Usually I tend to go towards a Suzuki, but I can't decide if I like the Busa design more than the 14 or not.

Sure the Busa may be 4mph. faster that the 14 in a straight line. But I think the 14 would be a little better if you come across a turn somewhere in that sprint to the finish. Unless of course you are a the strip or salt flats. Not my style of riding thats for sure.

Give me a break people! How could having a bullet fast bike be better for the street rider? Maybe if they spend all there time on the big road. But other than that I think having a Busa is all for show.

"Look at me, Look at me!" "I ride the fastest bike in the world" "Damn I'm cool!"

Good for you! Hope you don't become another statistic.

Sure the Busa may be 4mph. faster that the 14 in a straight line. But I think the 14 would be a little better if you come across a turn somewhere in that sprint to the finish. Unless of course you are a the strip or salt flats. Not my style of riding thats for sure.

Give me a break people! How could having a bullet fast bike be better for the street rider? Maybe if they spend all there time on the big road. But other than that I think having a Busa is all for show.

"Look at me, Look at me!" "I ride the fastest bike in the world" "Damn I'm cool!"

Good for you! Hope you don't become another statistic.

I think someone has ego issues. I own a 'busa. and to be quite frank, I hate people talking to me about it. I was in no market for one, and aside from liking the looks wasn't wanting one. Then I sat on one. Believe me, when your 6'2" and 250lbs it's WORLDS more comfortable than a regular sport bike. I've always felt like a bear on a mini bike in the Russian circus on any regular sport bike I've ridden, I actually fit on this bike. While there are many, many people out there who DID buy the bike for that reason, I can assure you there isn't ONE of them on this board. I'll offer you up the same deal I've offered up others on this board, RT9 this spring, I'll meet you there and you can tell me how horrible this bike handels.

Untill then, take your "hollier than though, only people with huge egos buy those bikes, I don't need something like that to define me" and shove it up your ass sideways. I bought my bike for me, I put over 8500 miles, and two sets of tires on mine, washed it 3 times, and changed the oil in it 3 times too. There is nothing aftermarket on my bike but a shift light, HID head light, and Nellson-Riggs soft luggage, next spring the only other aftermarket addition will be springs/valves in the suspension, and a 1" rear lift.

See you on the street.

Edited by Dweezel

I understand your point. I have ridden one and do agree they are very comfortable. Although I haven't spent enough time on one in the twisties to feel how comfortable they are in my favorite element. I just made that statement to share my view of the riders I have met that own Busa's. I know of 4 riders that ride Busa's. For all but one of them it is all about the show. The one it not all about the show, for what it worth, the bike fits his stature and riding style well. Don't get me wrong! Some people may have this style bike for good reasons like you stated. But the majority of the guys I know and the guys I have came across on the road have a huge ego.

Trust me I'm not trying to offend anyone!! You spend you money and your time how you want. I still don't understand the fuctional point of a bike like this. Unless you do alot of freeway travel or drag race.

Just my $ .02

Edited by Lost1888

I rode a busa on a bike night down at lodge. It was slammed and geared with the air shifter and the works... I could not own one. I am not mature enough. I topped it out on 315. Buried the speedo in a few seconds. It was crazy but I liked it! :D

Trust me I'm not trying to offend anyone!! You spend you money and your time how you want. I still don't understand the fuctional point of a bike like this. Unless you do alot of freeway travel or drag race.

Just my $ .02

I know you're not trying to ruffle feathers, but c'mon, what did you think those statements would do when a lot of the members on the board have the larger bikes and your position is its an 'ego only' thing.

The function is to be the FASTEST production motorcycle in the world - hence the thread title, what more do you want? And since the moratorium of the "speed wars", it will always hold that crown. What's the function of an SV?

And just like the other busa guys... I don't have any trouble slinging the busa back and forth on the twisties, though I got mine mostly for the drag strip.

l_656b10.jpg

I still wish I had gotten a Busa for my street bike. (K6-7) They Busas will handle the curves well enough for the street and you can get the same thrill. But I also liked to take long trips and it would have been nice (did weekend to Macon, GA in 2007 on GSXR 1000).

The thing is the Busa for years was the bike to own, thus a lot of people bought the bike and the ones you see (because they aren't out riding all the time) are the ones who ride a hangout and hang around their bikes for 3-4 hours...

But the bike is completely capapble of handling the twisties (yeah may be a tad slower, but you still get the same thrill rush) at respectable pace, and a rider can do a 10 hour day no probs. Throw a set of Heli bars and some bags on and you got a darn fine touring bike.

I know you're not trying to ruffle feathers, but c'mon, what did you think those statements would do when a lot of the members on the board have the larger bikes and your position is its an 'ego only' thing.

The function is to be the FASTEST production motorcycle in the world - hence the thread title, what more do you want? And since the moratorium of the "speed wars", it will always hold that crown. What's the function of an SV?

And just like the other busa guys... I don't have any trouble slinging the busa back and forth on the twisties, though I got mine mostly for the drag strip.

l_656b10.jpg

I would say the function of a SV specifically the 650 is a commuter and canyon carver. At least thats why I have one.