We got our first Challenger SRT

Benner

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM didn't drop the ball being they'll offer a stick for the Camaro. All the Challengers this 1st production year (at least) are automatics, sticks aren't even an option. I'm pretty sure on this, but could be wrong.

Just read in motor trend i think that the first model year will only be automatic SRT's. Next model year will get the first manuals and lesser engine models (3.5, 5.7 ect.)

My $.02:

- I like it a lot and would love to have one, but at the money they want there are lots of alternatives I would consider.

- At the current weight they really are pigs. There is no excuse for an impractical street car to be over 3500 lbs., even a pony car. Fast and sexy yes, but a pig nonetheless. I long for a light, quick, car that handles. Like the Lotus Elise. But then I am more of a sports car guy, so I guess it's a matter of taste.

- GM did miss the target yet again. First, the retro Mustang. Then Chrysler with the Challenger. Who is in third? The new Camaro will have to be so much better than the other two in order to attract any attention at all. My bet is the only folks that buy them will be the die hard GM fans and guys my age that miss the Camaro they had in college.

Of course, if any of the Detroit car makers had it together at all, they would realize they need to be innovative for a change and really do something to make enthusiasts interested in their products.

I'm going to laugh my ass off when the Camaro comes back out and weighs just as much.

The new Camaro is a MUCH smaller car than the Challenger. It will no doubt weight less.

*(I'm probably the only one on this forum that has had both parked side-by-side, sat in both, and driven every configuration of Challenger)