Tires

EricKerecz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the next big question is..

one piece suit or just get a leather jacket..

I'm trying to be semi-conservative on the money i spend in this.

I still have to get a new helmet, my boots which i have picked out ..

Im grabbing an agv helmet and alpine star smx plus boots cause i get 30% off through my dealer.. but the only jacket i have is textile, i could either get a leather jacket for the casual riding which is what i do the most of now..or a suit for track days and long riding which i want to do more of in the near future.

For what its worth Shinko tires are made in Yokohama factorys using their dyes. I've used them on my Hayabusas. They are a decent balance between grip and wear. I've never had issues with them. They have various compounds depending on your application. Price is quite nice.

Edited by magifesq

• 3 weeks later...
For what its worth Shinko tires are made in Yokohama factorys using their dyes. I've used them on my Hayabusas. They are a decent balance between grip and wear. I've never had issues with them. They have various compounds depending on your application. Price is quite nice.

and yokohama stop making tires with these dyes in my like 1988?? out dated tires and james tried them and they stuck like midget standing on a talbe cover in butter.

and yokohama stop making tires with these dyes in my like 1988?? out dated tires and james tried them and they stuck like midget standing on a talbe cover in butter.

Yup, you get what you pay for. The drag racers like the Shinkos, though. That's about all of who like them.

It's like saying the Pirelli guy went to work for Continental. So, Contis are just as good as Pirellis, right? Yeah...

Yup, you get what you pay for. The drag racers like the Shinkos, though. That's about all of who like them.

It's like saying the Pirelli guy went to work for Continental. So, Contis are just as good as Pirellis, right? Yeah...

I was at the pony looking at tires. I like touching sht i want to buy. I was looking at Mich. PPs. Then a Pony employee started pushing Shinkos on me. Said he "stunts" on them so they should be good enough for me. Funny.