Best 2008/2009 AWD car for $70,000?

TheBussman1647545507

My vote would be the Audi S6. It's base is a little bit over the budget ($72k) but it's quick and comfortable. If he doesn't mind giving up a little bit of the comfort factor he could go to the smaller RS4 which comes in at $67k and is a little bit quicker since it's smaller. Both very fun IMO

S5 is awesome. Haven't driven one yet, but great to sit in. Or the Audi RS4.

The new Nissan GTR (or whatever it is called). But the markup on that car will be over budget, I guarantee it. Probably not as great of a daily driver as the Audi.

You can probably get into a Porsche Carrera 4 for around that money, probably a leftover on a lot that you talk down.

The new RS4 (b8 chassis-dunno if it will be out by 2009) is rumored to be a supercharged V6. Will be worth waiting for that one. Current RS4 (B7) is a great car too, but is on the "old" chassis. S5 is on the new "B8" chassis.

The new RS4 (b8 chassis-dunno if it will be out by 2009) is rumored to be a supercharged V6. Will be worth waiting for that one. Current RS4 (B7) is a great car too, but is on the "old" chassis. S5 is on the new "B8" chassis.

The B8 A4 is not even out yet. The B8 S4 will not arrive until next year as a 2010 model, leaving the B8 RS4 at least a year behind that one. Not many people would wait over 2 years for a car, its not like its a super car or anything.

The B7 RS4 has been around for about 2 years, and you can get them 1 year old CPO warranty until 100k for about 50-55k with about 20k miles on them. They are fantastic cars that hang with the E92 M3 and C63 even while being 2 years old and putting down less whp. For a DD, I cant think of a better car than an RS4.

The B8 A4 is not even out yet. The B8 S4 will not arrive until next year as a 2010 model, leaving the B8 RS4 at least a year behind that one. Not many people would wait over 2 years for a car, its not like its a super car or anything.

The B7 RS4 has been around for about 2 years, and you can get them 1 year old CPO warranty until 100k for about 50-55k with about 20k miles on them. They are fantastic cars that hang with the E92 M3 and C63 even while being 2 years old and putting down less whp. For a DD, I cant think of a better car than an RS4.

True that

Good thinking. But the last A4 came out as a 2002 model, the S4 did not come out until early 2004 and then it got a slight refresh in 2005.5, and the RS4 did not come out until 2007. Given this timeline, and the new A4 is coming out as a 2009 model, I would say it will be 3 years AT THE EARLIEST that there is a new RS4 - probably worth the wait, the new A4 looks great, but realistically you'll be waiting a long, long time. If I wanted a fast ass sedan , I'd be getting an M3, RS4 or a C63 AMG, but only the Audi is AWD.