Germain Chevrolet sucks

CJINOHIO03

Well I dont know where to start.

Day 1 My gf saw a car she was interested in there. Stopped to look at and they lost the keys and it was locked. They looked for an hour and couldnt find them.

Day 2. Get message from the salesmen saying was taken care of. Didnt say what etc drove up there he wasnt there. Drove it and looked it over etc. Didnt talk price because orignal sales guy was there.

Day 3 Call sales manager to get a price. Said he would call me back. Get call from salesmen said he was ripped a new ass etc for not taking care of customers etc. They dont quote prices over the phone etc but could work with me...Told him that was ok but if couldnt give me a price dont worry about it. Called sales manager back no anser left two messages for him. Half the day goes by sales guy calls with the normal pressure stuff. Told him not unless get a price dont bother calling us back. I was starting to get pissed so I called the Sales manager back.

Well this guy was a real ass tried to say I didnt call him etc. Asked how I got his cell number. I said it was your voice mail and I left messages at his desk and cell etc. Basically said I was lying etc. It just went down hill from there. Said could only take 500 dollars off etc. Just wanted to argue I told him to not worry about it.

Day 4 Saleman calls me early morning. You coming to get the car. I tell him not unless you changed the price like I advised you already. Says he will go to the other sales manager and get a better price. Calls me back says cant do anything else etc. I said thanks but no thanks etc. Few hours go by get a call he says you better come get it right away someone from out of state is going to buy etc. I said good for them sell it to them and hung up on him.

So I got pretty pissed about the whole situation : games, keys, and so on. I called the corporate location and spoke to owners assistant. She appolgized and said would have the general manager call us back.

I get a call from a guy who is in charge for now but isnt the real general manager. Last one was just fired etc. Anyway is pretty nice smooths things over says could take another 800 off the car. Wow ..lol they said couldnt do better then 500 before. I said ok I will have her call you for the credit application. She does it and a few hours go by and no call etc.

Day 6 They never call her back so she calls him. He says I havent given it to the financing guy yet etc. No explanation on why no call back or taking so long. Anyway she told them to screw off. It seems everyone has these cars now Ricart Chevy etc. There all lease returns.

I've had problems with Germain before too. They tried selling me a 98 TA. The driver side front finder looked like it had a huge dent beat out with a hammer, the driver side window motor was broke, the fuel gauge didn't work and it had 80K on it. When they called me up to look at it they said it was in amazing condition and would give me a great price.

I get there and see all this shit that's wrong with it. Then he tells me this great price is $9,500. I asked if he was going to fix the things that were wrong with it and he said they've already put $3k into it and will lose money if they put more into it. So i laughed and told him $4,000, he laughed. I left. I get a call 2 hours later and the said $8,000. I said $4,000. They said they can't so i told them not to call back.

Pretty similar situation to yours

Guest mrhobbz
I was out there looking at an 03 monte carlo they had before I bought the slomaro. The wiring harness had been cut and was spliced together, it had to many VISIBLE oil leaks, and oil slung all over the engine bay. Guy told me it just got out of their shop from maint. Took it for a test drive and it had a pop in the front end (motor mount/axel or hell maybe both) Also had a really really odd whine to it from the passenger front (03's werent s/c'd) They wanted 6,200 for this piece of shit and called me for weeks upon weeks afterward trying to get me to buy it.

well good news for you, GM gave Germain a big check to close there doors. now you all know why the lot has so few cars on it. not sure on the offical last day but i do know its not too far off.

Wait so GM has to pay a dealer to close its doors? How does that work?

Wait so GM has to pay a dealer to close its doors? How does that work?

not sure why but GM wants them out, thats why they paid them off. there is rumor of a few other GM dealers in the are going to have the same thing done to them.

Thats weird they told me they just changed all there management there. Something isnt right I will post a few other things when I have a chance.

i use to work for germain chevy. in 1 month we went threw 30 salesmen.

and during the whole time i worked there probably 5-6 managers. etc. etc. etc. 4 gm's. theres a reason for that. :/

I saw an interesting stat a couple years back on the number of cars sold vs. the number of dealerships each manufacturer had. Toyota had sold more cars than GM with something like 45% less dealerships than GM, maybe GM is taking a hint from them??

Guest EM1 2ENVY
ever since Germain bought out Crestview Cadaliac on sawmill, i have been told there sales have hit the ground and it has been a ghost town over there. what a shame.

The Big 3 are all cutting down on the number of dealerships they have.As you know Bobb Chevrolet Downtown is gone,Westland Chrysler Plymouth Jeep is now in with Trader Buds and Ron Rush Lincoln from what I understand is out as of June 30th.What the dealerships do is sell their franchise back to the manufacturer.The reason is usually they aren't selling enough new cars.

The Big 3 are all cutting down on the number of dealerships they have.As you know Bobb Chevrolet Downtown is gone,Westland Chrysler Plymouth Jeep is now in with Trader Buds and Ron Rush Lincoln from what I understand is out as of June 30th.What the dealerships do is sell their franchise back to the manufacturer.The reason is usually they aren't selling enough new cars.

Bobb Chevrolet went out on there own. he told GM he was selling the property to Childrens Hospital and they said OK and pulled everything out then the deal fell through with childrens and because he changed the sale amount and they called his bluff.

All I am saying is that in the market right now the strong dealers are going to get stronger and the weak ones are going to go away.I am in the business too, so I want the auto industry to boom.I work for all makes and models.