How can you call this progress?

thorne

I think that SCIENCE should decide what people should be taught not voodoo. Any time wasted on the the ID Gargbage is stupid.

The problem becomes teaching science as a religion as it can interfere with ones personal religous affiliation.

Some believe that science surrounding theories of creation are garbage as well.

Who's to say the "Big Bang" is better or more right than "ID"? I'd say you can't say one is more correct than the other, as they are both theories with.....faith is involved in both of them, as their is some leap from what is known to what actually happened.

The idea isn't to persuade children into religion, but to give them the knowledge and let them make the choices on their own. If you talk about big bang, evolution, or any other theories.......it is only right to bring up other such theories. Belief is a matter of personal choice.

The problem becomes teaching science as a religion as it can interfere with ones personal religous affiliation.

Some believe that science surrounding theories of creation are garbage as well.

Who's to say the "Big Bang" is better or more right than "ID"? I'd say you can't say one is more correct than the other, as they are both theories with.....faith is involved in both of them, as their is some leap from what is known to what actually happened.

Interesting take. Though the big bang is a theory. If enough evidence stacks against the theory, or another theory takes its place due to evidence thereof, the scientific community will change their views respectively. Not so with religion, which is the difference. Blind faith (as in most major religion), is not the same thing as "faith" in a theory based on research, that can proven incorrect.

Though since this whole thread was a fail in the first place, I suppose it doesn't matter.