First time at the strip in the car and......

LPFSTheFett

It was flying. I'll try to get videos up, but I don't know how to convert Mpeg2 to an AVI without losing a TON of quality.

Here are the timeslips. I was pushing through about 12psi(figure 800ish rwhp) on Sunco 94. Best part, I drove it to the track and drove it home.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6251/028dy2.jpg

It was spinning really bad out of the hole but I think I'm on the right track with the suspension. Next I'm going to change from the 345 BFG's to 345 M&H's. They are 2" taller and a better compound. While I don't expect to get a full wrinkle, I think the bigger sidewall will help a ton. Plus it will effectively change my gear from a 3.42 to a 3.23.

First time out, I'm not complaining. Plus it has a ton more in it. Hell the DA was 2600.

That's a hell of a pass Jason. I'm surprised at the 60' in that car, I didn't expect it to be too good.

I think with the right tires, these cars will be 60' machines. My first pass ever with the new build was 10.91@130.x with a 1.733. (only 5psi) Still spun really bad obviously, but damn I'm not complaining. Also I only had 1/8th tank of gas, so was missing a good 100#'s in the back. I was running late to the track and didn't get a chance to fill up.

Awesome times Jason! And ColtBoostin said that thing will never trap 160mph....haha wrong.

Yeah, I'll get it to trap 160+, just a question of when. A lot needs to happen and traction is going to be the biggest factor. Plus I'll need to be on full boost and there is no guarntee the transmission will be able to handle it. Only rated for 800-850rwhp. Coltboostin is right though, it's going to be hard as shit. 130 to 145 is an easier move then 145 to 160.

Awesome times Jason! And ColtBoostin said that thing will never trap 160mph....haha wrong.

I like Jason's car so I'm not taking a dig at it...but adding another 16+mph is going to take a lot more hp than he made the other week (not to mention a number of other changes) as he will need to add most of that mph in the 1/8 mile...

Wow. I'm suprised (sp) by the 60ft, I thought it would be MUCH better. I can get my FWD to pull a low 1.8 60. No offence, you have and additional 450whp then me, so I'm sure that's what it is, I just thought it would be better. Nice runs either way, nice car too!

Impressive, especially considering it's your first time at the track in the car. Looks as if that car has a ton of potential - I'm sure with a few more times out to the track and a couple tweaks you'll have it right where you want it. :cool:

Thanks for all the compliments!

congrats on the runs. will you ever put a chute on it after its caged? its gonna need it to be legal.

I would almost add a chute now to be honest. Espeically if I can get more MPH out of it. I've never driven a car with this much MPH before. I've been 10.2's, but was only at like 129-130 or something like that. Even with the Z06 breaks, it was a bear to get stoped. I can't even imagine stoping 160.

Jamie - Do you use the chute on your TT Supra? I know that thing hauls ass!

The best part of the evening was when we got there Jason's car was parked (After making his first pass) and Mark was lined up to make his first run. One of the track guys was sitting on his Quad behind Jason's car repeatedly asking where the owner was lol. Mark pulls up (After going 11.1 @ 13x) and the tech guy is PISSED. They are done. Go home. No way either of them is making another pass w/o a cage and a few other things. Jason starts joking with him about being more than willing to turn the boost down but he can't so that he will just make one more and try his best not to run 10s again lol. The guy is not laughing. Twenty minutes later the tech guy is joking around and telling them they are good to go back out "And do me a favor and whatever you do DO NOT run a 9-anything". Pretty funny.

Not a bad day when your first time out you make three 10-second passes and drive it home afterward :) The fly-by on the way home sounded awesome BTW.

Jeff

PS -- Mark's car ran 11.10's @ 13x twice on 4psi but had what appears to be a Trq Converter issue that we will be looking at this morning. Hope to have it back out by the weekend :)

:caugh: transbrake needed :caugh:

A different transmission is needed, the 4L65 will not like the transbrake with the power we put through it.

Great runs, we have a few things to dial in and its a consistent 9 second car, driven on the street daily :)