New Track Bike!

jarvismb

My day has come....

I've been whoring around the WERA boards/Craigslist/EBay/Cycle Trader ever since the latter part of last season, looking for a bike I can use as a track slut to get my feet wet without risking my precious CBR, and I finally found her.

Thanks to the great WERA boards, I now have a 2003 GSXR600 track bike in my garage, ready for mid-o and bluegrass this coming season. The guy I bought it from, Mike, could not have made the experience any better. Has to be one of the nicest guys in the sport. He even worked with me on the price a bit, and then packed it up in his trailer and brought it to my house. I believe his SN is mykool on the boards, so if you ever find yourself thinking about buying from him, don't hesitate. Nothing but the best to say about this guy.

Now for what everyone likely scrolled down to see....

2838709110092123726S425x425Q85.jpg

2815164370092123726S425x425Q85.jpg

2770805070092123726S425x425Q85.jpg

2406277010092123726S425x425Q85.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did it come from?(area

Of all the bikes all over the country from those boards, this guy happened to be in Lebanon, just north of Cinci. How cool is that?

There is nothing that is not awesome about this. I can not wait until the start of the season. T-minus 3.5 months and counting...

It looks really familiar, I think a friend used to own it.

Up until very recently it was all orange, those black fairings are the result of an end of season rash at Nelson Ledges. Dunno if that helps, but it would be cool if people had seen it around before.

thanks for the support guys, now it's just a matter of singing up. Looking at STT's site, it looks like mid-o an bluegrass are both in April, so I need to start talking to some other people and seeing if we can get some groups together.

As a side note, I've been out ot my garage about 20 times in the last 2 days looking at the two ladies next to each other. This is freakin' awesome....

That's awesome and I hope you keep her black + orange

I'll probably have that paint job this whole season, or as long as I keep this set in one piece. If it makes it the whole year, it'll be my winter project in '09 to paint up a new set, otherwise it'll be sooner.

The suit I'm putting together is really matched for my CBR, so eventually the GSXR will be painted to match that color scheme (black/red). My new SP-1 suit should be in by the end of the week, so I just need to get by boots and long gloves by March and I'll have it all together.

The suit's white. That's right, white. The helmet, gloves, and boots will have black and red, but the suit is white. It's my attempt to be as baller as WhoDey. I know I can never really get there, but it's fun to try.