got an XD s/c

evan9381

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_0841.jpg?t=1216431334

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_0840.jpg?t=1216431334

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_0838.jpg?t=1216431334

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_0836.jpg?t=1216431334

with his brothers

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/IMG_0832.jpg?t=1216431334

got sick of waiting for the M&P 45 compact...so i picked up this...

Springfield Armory XD SubCompact 9mm. 10+1 and an extended magazine for 17+1. came with holster, double mag holder, and a speed loader. was up in the air between this and a Glock 26, but havent been able to get the glock koolaid down. oh well. plus, this was 100$ cheaper.

got about 300 rds here now going to try to run through them sunday. cant wait. ive been wanting one for a while.

Kinda regret letting go of my XD9. Great shooting guns, comfortable, and amazingly reliable. Only thing bad I had on my XD was the finish on the slide was kinda low quality. I noticed the finish wore off, but I heard that was one of a few things springy did to remedy it. Good purchase.

i still like my M&P more, but as stated, no chance to shoot yet, so i dont want to be too biased. i DO like that the XD comes w/ the 17 rounder thats like a full size grip.

austin - we're going shooting sunday, and i think we're heading to OVO. you wanna come out for a bit? test out the M&P? i bought 300 rds for the shootfest last week that got cancelled, and i want to unload them :)

i almost bought the 40, but like my others, i kept it with 9. its cheaper to shoot, and the only way to get good is with lots of practice. plus, the only time ill ever use them (god forbid) is at the range, so for shooting bottles/paper, it makes more sense

i did like how you could tell an obvious weight advantage between the 9 and 40. with the M&Ps, i could barely notice it.

austin - we're going shooting sunday, and i think we're heading to OVO. you wanna come out for a bit? test out the M&P? i bought 300 rds for the shootfest last week that got cancelled, and i want to unload them :)

Depending on the time you go, I might be able to make it. I'm heading down to a friend's cabin tonight to go shooting and I'm not sure what time I'll get back tomorrow.

i think he just means the pinky extension...if its like my M&P, it doesnt add any more rounds to the mag, it just gives an extra 1/2" to the front of the grip to get my pinky on, which will give me better control over just having my middle/ring finger on the grip

If you put the extensions on it what the point of using it for it potential? A CC gun.

It's still concealable. It would just be more along the lines of carrying the service sized gun.

I CC with XD's 4" .40 Service model, it's not hard to do such.

Does the subcompact take the same mags as the full sized XD9? If so, that would be great for a fullsize/subcompact two-gun carry. That has always been why I liked the G17/G26 and G22/G27 combos.

Nice gun and collection!

i was just PMing Scott about these, where did you pick it up if you don't mind me asking? I am wanting a .40 myself but maybe a 4" ported model.

Any reason you want a ported/comensated model rather than just a regular? The recoil isn't bad at all if you don't limp wrist them. I love shooting mine, and of course the more you shoot it the less it seems to kick.

Any reason you want a ported/comensated model rather than just a regular? The recoil isn't bad at all if you don't limp wrist them. I love shooting mine, and of course the more you shoot it the less it seems to kick.

Home defense, my wife may have to use it, god forbid, and I want her to be accurate with multiple shots if needed.

Home defense, my wife may have to use it, god forbid, and I want her to be accurate with multiple shots if needed.

That's why I question the ported/compensated version. If it's completely dark in the house if the gun is ever needed, then you run into a problem. If you're worried about follow up shots, in this type of situation, then I'd recommend a non ported gun. Once you fire that gun, in the pitch of night, your vision is going to become non existent because of the immense flash from the ports firing directly up in between your eyes and your target. This almost makes a follow up shot impossible as your night vision has now been compromised seriously. In that situation, the regular muzzle flash will be less detrimental to your vision allowing quicker follow up shots. Just some food for thought.

The little red dot should be easy to see on their body. I have shot my dad's Ported 4" model in OD green and a 4" regular, I liked the Ported better and I grouped better.

Also I don't know if you "live" horror movies or what, but if I think someone is in my house, I'm turning on some lights, I ain't walking around in the fucking dark to find out and neither will my wife. My house is wirelessly equipped with remote switches to turn on all our lights at once. Black and Decker makes the system. It's pretty cool, i can turn on or Christmas lights from my car when I come home at night.

My point was that in the worst situations, you can't count on a single thing going how you vision in your head. IE the power is cut to your house and you're now fucked.

No I don't live in "horror" movies. I didn't post like I did either. I do however, make my gun decisions based on what they are intended to be used for, then the worst case scenario's.

I don't know if you live in "fairy tale" movies or what, but I'm not going to risk my life on a bet that it will going 100% according to what my mind thinks would be ideal.

/advice