Sti gone- I HATE deer

silverhatch

Looks like that's out on 159, I go that way all the time for drill in Tarlton. I've almost had the same fate as you did a few times, glad to hear you're ok. That road is deffinately not the safest, but thank God you went into a field versus a tree line, for that would've been worse.

Not 159. It's CR 28 in Knox Co. (Morgan Center Rd.) Trees would have sucked. I probably wouldn't be at work today talking on the forums.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you are ok. Always tough to second guess your actions when in an accident. I totalled my 95 SHO and felt like a complete loser. But it was an honest mistake that I learned a great deal from.

Again, glad you are ok.

Look into the A4, or the R32/GTI. Safe cars that are fun to drive, and quality.

You have a safe car there...It took that wreck well. Glad your okay.

I learned in I-car classes years ago that "the jaws of life" had to be redesigned because they couldnt cut through the new designed of subarus. There is a pieice of solid steel rebar running up through the pillars to keep the roof from collapsing.

You have a safe car there...It took that wreck well. Glad your okay.

I learned in I-car classes years ago that "the jaws of life" had to be redesigned because they couldnt cut through the new designed of subarus. There is a pieice of solid steel rebar running up through the pillars to keep the roof from collapsing.

Through the B-pillar to be exact.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946826&highlight=B-pillar+Article

I have some more pics on my digital camera at home that show greater detail. It did hold up very well. I guess I'll have some aftermarker parts for sale now.

Aaron- We are looking at an A4 (see other thread). I test drove it and liked it but am unsure because I'm very unfamiliar with them and don't know anyone that has one.

Glad to see you're ok. Yup, Morgan Center road can bite you in the ass with all the places deer can jump out in front of you, good to see you walked away from this one.

ETA: That's why I usually stuck to Rt62, though there were just as much deer crossing that road too.

The deer clearly beat you, though.

...it also beat this guy with the STi...

Not much you can do when they jump out of a ditch 50 feet in front of you when you are going 55 mph. Makes me wonder how they survived evolution.