Blew up their motor today Crew step in

Buck531

sounds like the flewplate! they crack around the bolt center and sound likea rod. or you cranked the crank in the same manner. either way pop the motor off and if its the flexplate ... or chain slapping?

Yes I know that. I was already under the car and rotated the flex plate and it doesn't have any cracks in it.

It's also not good if you see copper/gold in your oil ;).

Guest Removed
Yes I know that. I was already under the car and rotated the flex plate and it doesn't have any cracks in it.

It's also not good if you see copper/gold in your oil ;).

anytime i had one that was crack, you couldnt see it ;)

didnt see where you posted the there was bearing material in the oil you changed :cool:

Did it ever get hot on you?

it never got SUPER hot, but it did on the way to get the exhaust fixed. That was for about 5 seconds and I put some more anti-freeze in it on the side of 270 and it was fine after that.

YEP! :D

I do have my brothers Grand am that I'm pimping around for now. he doesn't need it and I do. I'll just grab another short block and throw it in there.

Good thing. You're a brave man, that's one thing I don't do, is mod my daily driver. For this reason right here... :(

Its sounds to me that you have a piston slapping around in the cylinder. You'll chase around "valvetrain", "flexplate", "crank" and nothing solves the problem. Ive been there before and it sucked. But thats what it was. I had a cylinder the was over torelance, and it sounded like a flexplate.

It was from a short amount of heat I was told.

Its sounds to me that you have a piston slapping around in the cylinder. You'll chase around "valvetrain", "flexplate", "crank" and nothing solves the problem. Ive been there before and it sucked. But thats what it was. I had a cylinder the was over torelance, and it sounded like a flexplate.

It was from a short amount of heat I was told.

3800s are pretty easy to diagnose. If it's knocking, and there's metal in the oil, it's rod knock because the bearings are fucked. Piston slap is almost unheard of, unless you manage to pop the piston, in which case, you're gonna goddamn well know what happened.

Trust, it's the thrice-damned crank bearings.

Buck, have you had the LIM out recently? Do you have the aluminum frame LIM gaskets?