Kil Kare Official Times.

thorne

I had a good day at the track yesterday. Ran 2 new personal bests...and my first 9 second pass.

Ran a new best on motor of a 10.99 at 122.9 with a 1.57 60'

With a 175 shot it went a best of 9.92 at 136.8 with a 1.44 60' (6.35 at 110.5 in the 1/8)

Ran 4 other 9 sec passes (.95/.96/.99/.99) playing around some with the suspension and timing a bit.

I think there is still a bit more to find in the car..I feel it should 60' a bit faster. I really think it would pickup with a converter that's a few hundred rpm looser.

Did anyone happen to get any video or pictures of any of my 9 second passes?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New motor and converter and I have no idea what it wants.The motor had only been warmed up a couple of times. The best pass was a low rpm pass the second time on the track hot lapped 10.65 @ 122.59. After that no matter what I adjusted it just slowed down.Top MPH was 126,78.

Now I have sort it out. The motor is around 800 hp but I could not get my 60 ft any better than the old motor at 650 hp 1.55 so I need to do my homework on the chassis setup before the next event.

not sure where you got that info but yesterdays high was only 73* i got this from weather.com http://www.weather.com/weather/pastweather/hourly/USOH1071?stn=0&when=081008 and weather underground came up with the samething.

DA would have been around 1898

Yeah, it was 73* at 9am. At lunch, it was 82* according to the local temp signs.

Also remember, the ambient air temp goes up on concrete, blacktop, and especially with a bunch of cars running around.

See...slow ones FTW lol. No it was a great time...suprisingly the first track day that I've made it to...oh well. I'll go watch more, and maybe when more money...a new car...or a new car with money to do more with the contour come along...it will be more fun! lol

Oh yeah, 17.17@79, 2.56 60' in my Silverado :D

yeah I made a pass in my dads cherokee. both my sister in laws made passes in their caviler and f350 diesel. it was funny! they made the last pass of the day.

I went 11.80 at 118. I was happy with that I have only had the car a week. Kinda impressed since it is a pullied only car.

umm, your name says you drive a 03 mach1? maybe you should tell everyone what you drive. hasn't been posted here.

*clean my house while your there*

I ran a 12.4 in the Trans Am before the rear end decided that it had enough,

I ran an 11.4 on the R1, it has alot more in it but I need to buy the gear before I push it more.

I also ran a 17.3 in the Silverado against Anthony.

and I believe I ran a high 11 on Pauls (04srturbo) 600R.

I ran an 11.4 on the R1, it has alot more in it but I need to buy the gear before I push it more.

whats done to the t/a?

I will not roll race my Silverado against yours, Chad :grin2:

I'm taking the car over to Scott tomorrow about 6pm if you're gonna be around...

I will not roll race my Silverado against yours, Chad :grin2:

I'm taking the car over to Scott tomorrow about 6pm if you're gonna be around...

Are you guys doing it after work? I work until 10 so most likely not. I'm going to tear into mine tonight to see exactly what the weakest link was.

The only pics I got,well actually my wife was trying snap pics of me but I got a few others in the mix. No one else was snapping pics were they ? I dont think I met chad and I was really hoping to get a good run with Brian but I fish tailed off the line bad and just cruized down the track after that. I think that pic was when Brians wife was driving . I could not get my wife to drive. I would be a little nervous if she did.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/100_1836.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/100_1841.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/1fstws6/100_1843.jpg

yea you ran high 11's on my bike not bad for never ridin it before

your bike nastty didnt want to crank it open at all off the start or trew first.... or second...ann part of third once the fron end stayedon the ground is when it went lol wanna trade??? haha

yea you ran high 11's on my bike not bad for never ridin it before

your bike nastty didnt want to crank it open at all off the start or trew first.... or second...ann part of third once the fron end stayedon the ground is when it went lol wanna trade??? haha

LOL yeah right, it was fun swapping bikes though. I didn't know there was that big of a difference then again I've only road my bike and that's pretty much it.

The only pics I got,well actually my wife was trying snap pics of me but I got a few others in the mix. No one else was snapping pics were they ? I dont think I met chad and I was really hoping to get a good run with Brian but I fish tailed off the line bad and just cruized down the track after that. I think that pic was when Brians wife was driving . I could not get my wife to drive. I would be a little nervous if she did.

We spoke for a minute, I can't remember but I think you were talking about running a 12.2 or something like that. I was with Paul I think and just got off the bikes.