Kil Kare Official Times.

thorne

Easier to put the balancer back on, that's my only reason.

Should be able to use a stocker just as easy unless you are having issues getting the threads to catch on the crank snout or something. I usually just tapped the balancer alil to get it started then pulled it on with a stock crank bolt then put the arp one in.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be able to use a stocker just as easy unless you are having issues getting the threads to catch on the crank snout or something. I usually just tapped the balancer alil to get it started then pulled it on with a stock crank bolt then put the arp one in.

I've had trouble getting the threads to catch on every one I've done. Now I heat the balancer up a little and use a longer bolt and washer to get the balancer seated. I'm also hesitant to use a stock bolt when it isn't grabbing a good amount of threads. I don't really want to chase the threads on the snout.

I've had trouble getting the threads to catch on every one I've done. Now I heat the balancer up a little and use a longer bolt and washer to get the balancer seated. I'm also hesitant to use a stock bolt when it isn't grabbing a good amount of threads. I don't really want to chase the threads on the snout.

+1 The couple I've done are just like this.

yep, you should replace it. It's cheap anyhow. I used an arp bolt. Just let me know about that install tool and you can borrow it. It takes all the risk out of putting that pulley on. I used a powerbond pulley on mine and heated it in the oven. It went on without a hitch. I would imagine it would've went on smooth without heating but I wanted it to go on as easy as possible. I have a 3 jaw puller you can borrow if you need it also.