What to do about mold on mattress?

BDHG940

I had been storing bunch of my stuff in my friend's basement for about a year, and I got it out of there yesterday. When I got my stuff to my new home, I found a bunch of mold on my dresser, some clothes and my mattress. I'm curious if I could try to clean the mattress with bleach or should I throw it in the trash?

I agree with everyone here. Dont they have storage bags that zip around mattresses for storage so this doesnt happen? Maybe invest in one of those too if you have to do this again.

That sucks though

I thought it would be fine, because the basement was finished...I guess not.

consider it a dressed up and finished sponge.

I've been in so many basements that were finished without proper prep or repair it's not funny. I'll never buy a house with a finished basement for that reason.

Ours is bone dry and so nice. I took plenty of photos and video beforehand and along the way too so in case the next owners is a fanatic like me.

IMO, trash the matress. Furniture should clean up okay.

I thought it would be fine, because the basement was finished...I guess not.

I agree with everyone here. Dont they have storage bags that zip around mattresses for storage so this doesnt happen? Maybe invest in one of those too if you have to do this again.

That sucks though

I JUST threw out our $1200 mattress set Monday that we had stored in the bags in the basement. I think the bags make shit worse.

P.S. I can't believe my wife ever paid that much. :mad:

can I have your wife....my wife bought a $2k set for our king bed :( but it is seriously worth it ;):p

I JUST threw out our $1200 mattress set Monday that we had stored in the bags in the basement. I think the bags make shit worse.

P.S. I can't believe my wife ever paid that much. :mad: