I Love Fedex Today

Guest Hal

One of my toys to make the car right showed up today. I won't be having any fuel issues for a little while.

Fore fuel hat, -8 lines, big Fore rails, twin GT pumps, and I'll be keeping my BAP.

Pics will be here soon.

Congrats, maybe we'll see what that car is capable of in october.

In October it'll have most stuff done. It'll have: fuel system, cut outs, 3.27, new intake piping, and a good tune.

This winter (pending funds and womanly approval) a 4r70w will be going in.

I heard that the fore unit loses pressure on the high hp cars. If you stay returnless. You will problems with lean spikes.

I haven't seen any problems on the Cobra boards with that. I'm not going to run a huge number except on the dyno so, I'm not concerned.

I want to stay returnless as long as I can, I just don't want to do a return setup.

Guest Removed
I haven't seen any problems on the Cobra boards with that. I'm not going to run a huge number except on the dyno so, I'm not concerned.

I want to stay returnless as long as I can, I just don't want to do a return setup.

why the pumpsrun coolerand last longer etc etc!!!!

stopbeingapuss :gtfo:

Mine is return now and the pumps are inside the tank. You will have the lean spikes when go out of boost and then right back in boost. The pumps can't speed up quick enough. All you need is a return line and regulator to switch to return. Here is one person having problems with the same setup as you are doing.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115110

I had the twin GT pumps last year with the dual fpdm harness and full wire upgrade.

I switched because of the lean spikes it had.

Rob, eventually I will go return. I just simply don't want to right now.

Eddie, Those are some strange issues. I am not running a dual FPDM setup, nor am I running a wiring upgrade. When I get to the point of needing those, I'll go return.

Look at the a/f on this graph. It was the same tune on all pulls. I just started the pull at different rpms. You can see the a/f at the end of the 623 pull was fine and I started the pull at a lower rpm. It gave the pumps time to speed up. Now think when your on the street at say 4000rpm and go wot. It will only take a little bit to be at full boost, but the pumps will be trying to catch up. That is when shit starts to melt.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/y2k2gt/100_0855.jpg

hal, i didn't know you needed GT pumps--i've still got mine sitting in a box in my closet right now. i'm still running the stock pumps with the boost a pump, and the full wiring upgrade, along with upgrading all the hosing inside the fuel tank.