This is why Vista sucks

dragknee66

So I went and bought a nice new laptop. Dual core goodness with 4gigs of ram and of course it came with what... Vista :rolleyes:

After unboxing and removing all the junky factory software I had time to tweak a few settings and hit my normal interwebs.

On my XP setup Ive NEVER had to run antivirus or spyware programs as Ive never had an issue with any garbage on my machines. When I hit my normal few internet sites what do I get.... a god damn spyware popup ALREADY.

Some "malware" bullshit, ALREADY, on a brand new machine. So the years Ive had of spyware issues with XP, completely FAILS me when I switch to Vista rite out of the damn box.

Does anyone have a regular Vista Home Premium cd they can copy for me? I would really like to reformat the entire thing and stay away from the manaf. restore cd. As much as I hate Vista just in general, the support for XP x64 seems weak as hell.

I have had Vista since its release; no virus or Spyware/Malware for me.

QFT

I would expect you to be less likely since vista out of the box with bitch about any privilleged command which 99% of the spyware requires to install.

After unboxing and removing all the junky factory software I had time to tweak a few settings and hit my normal interwebs.

ll.

sometimes factory installed crap finds a way to hide.

build your own comp, only has on it what you install

lol I would love to build a laptop from scratch. I wish there were barbone kits or something.

Danielle, yes please find that CD.. maybe I can see that sweet GTO with the procharger, cams long tubes and heads that Ive heard so much about!

STFU and re-read his post moron how is he going to build a laptop from scratch??

takes half a brain, guess im in the wrong forum. Two of my friends have made there own a fraction of the cost with better parts.

http://computershopper.com/feature/build-your-own-laptop-200804-2

there are some DIY laptops out there

Antec

Asus

OCZ

and a few others make bare bones chassis, you buy and build the rest to your liking/budget

i thought about doing one, but it gets rather expensive

Quoted for truth.

When you buy an HP/Compaq, Dell, eMachines, etc they're always loaded with crap. Hell, we just bought a new HP system and it came with Wild Tangent!!! WTF!!?? But its okay. Just uninstall the crap and everything's good.

I've been using Vista for a little bit and its growing on me. The only problem I have is Vista 32/64. We have 64 bit processors but it came with Vista 32. The reason per Microsoft: because a lot of stuff doesn't work with the 64.

:gtfo:

My laptops all are running Linux. I'm a beta tester for Ubuntu and Oracle's "Unbreakable Linux". They both rock. I have tons and tons and tons of copies of 32bit and 64bit if anyone is interested. Hell, my HP tablet is running Ubuntu and even the stylus works. Linux sure has come a long way.