pics of sons birthday present

wnaplay1647545503

Built this friday for my sons birthday present yesterday. Its 8' wide, 25' long. Hotter than piss out friday but he was definately suprised when he seen it. It was a bastard building by myself with only the wife helping me when I just needed an extra set of hands. Body is definately aching now but shit happens. Still needs a little leveling out because the yard is so uneven. Cant wait until next spring when the whole yard gets new sod. Best part is the drill bit went through the tip of my finger within the first hour of starting. Made for a very pleasant rest of the project.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/DSCN1944.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/DSCN1943.jpg

Built this friday for my sons birthday present yesterday. Its 8' wide, 25' long. Hotter than piss out friday but he was definately suprised when he seen it. It was a bastard building by myself with only the wife helping me when I just needed an extra set of hands. Body is definately aching now but shit happens. Still needs a little leveling out because the yard is so uneven. Cant wait until next spring when the whole yard gets new sod. Best part is the drill bit went through the tip of my finger within the first hour of starting. Made for a very pleasant rest of the project.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/DSCN1944.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d87/wnaplay/DSCN1943.jpg

Nice, man.

wnaplay did you get the idea out of a poplar mach. magizine? Just asking b.c i seen one just like that in and older issue today. I was thinking of trying to make one, they had how to make a climbing wall to. There prices said it would take about 700 dollars to make either one. Was the price close to that?

wnaplay did you get the idea out of a poplar mach. magizine? Just asking b.c i seen one just like that in and older issue today. I was thinking of trying to make one, they had how to make a climbing wall to. There prices said it would take about 700 dollars to make either one. Was the price close to that?

I bargain shopped for lumber and found that at sutherlands between 7-8am m-f you save 10%. I didnt use pressure treated lumber to save money and treated all the wood. So with everything thing it came to under $470. I could have saved some more if I wanted to buy my screws in bulk but I ended up buying 2 of the big $25 each boxes. It was over kill on screws but I will use them on other projects. I already had all my own tools. I built it in 6 base pieces but it can easily and more cost effectively be built in 3.

If I sign a waiver, will you let me ride it?

I've been skating forever and always wanted one of these.

you skate? i didnt know that, but anyway yeah i always wanted one too lol. this kid down the road had a real crappy mini pipe, but nothing that nice.

I skated forever.. Since like 5th grade summer school or something like that lol. I still have a nice new board that I'll occasionally ride for a couple days when I'm really bored, but not every day how I used to back when.

Looks pretty decent. I've built about half a dozen halfpipes myself. It's been a few years since the last one I completed. It's sitting in the back of The Grind Skateshop in Grove City, 5ft. mini with a rollover to an 8ft vert extension. I worked there for about 4 years, I've been skating 13 years. Just starting to get a bit more into it when I have time.

Either you are a great dad or are looking for ways to get out of paying for college....dead kids don't go to college ruight?

That's one way to look at it. Either the or he hopes his son plays on it enough to where he can get paid dollar dollar bills to skate and say fuck school.

Nice job BTW. I couldn't even get my dad to build me a tree house.