New Metallica song - "My Apocalypse"

Primera

Speed metal is what Metallica started with so hearing some of it again (even if it is no "Four Horsemen") makes me like the song a lot more than if I heard some random band playing it. I've been disappointed with what they've been putting out for half of my life time so hearing them pick it up a little with some speed picking is kinda refreshing.

Speed metal is what Metallica started with so hearing some of it again (even if it is no "Four Horsemen") makes me like the song a lot more than if I heard some random band playing it. I've been disappointed with what they've been putting out for half of my life time so hearing them pick it up a little with some speed picking is kinda refreshing.

+1

I wonder how many people here even listened to Metallica before Enter Sandman came out :D

Im a huge fan of theirs, but James now sounds like Wierd Al singing! And Lars drumming has gotten worser and worser the older he has gotten. The only thing that might make this album somewhat bearable is the guitars Kirk lays down. Other then that its another disapointing cd

A good Metallica song? NEVAR! In all seriousness, I'm glad the guitar has picked up the pace so it's not a 10 minute intro to mediocrity. I actually liked it. Has an almost quaint 90's punk edge (vocal style/ the "choppiness" of the instrumentation) with thrash thrown into there.

I liked that one much better than this one off the new album although they're still missing the mark again. They should spend some time listening to their old shit to see what the metallica fans want to hear again.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=102646

their other new song... the day that never came or something like that...

its like 8 minutes long. the first half kinda sucks IMO, but the second half shreds.

People have compared it to fade to black/one, I kinda see it. A few critics says the album have said a song or two sounds like Thin Lizzy.

They're just trying to keep making money...not about music anymore, they've lost passion after 'black'. Doing a good rendition of some old obscure songs though on garage inc.