what to do with my old 10 bolt?

xlr8tn

I have my old 10 bolt out of the firebird sitting in the shed. I thought about keeping it just in case but it's just taking up room at this point. I swapped it out because the posi was becoming suspect ( did a couple of 1 tire fires) and the pinion seal is leaking on it, imagine that. Any idea what a junk yard would give me for it and is it worth even messing with? Still has the brake backing plates on it and everything. It's a 3 channel rear so it doesn't have the reluctors on the axles.

A junk yard won't give you enough to make it worth the drive. If it was good working condition, you could sell it on an F-body forum, but no one is going to spend much at all for a stock rear. If they are in the market for a rear, they are making enough power to want to upgrade.

Not trying to be harsh, just realistic.

A junk yard won't give you enough to make it worth the drive. If it was good working condition, you could sell it on an F-body forum, but no one is going to spend much at all for a stock rear. If they are in the market for a rear, they are making enough power to want to upgrade.

Not trying to be harsh, just realistic.

not taking it as harsh. I've pretty much already thought of all that....just wasn't sure if a junk yard would be a viable option. I'd also thought about trying to part it out for the axles, ring gear, and backing plates. I don't want to really sell it as a complete unit to someone because I'm not 100% on the posi and don't want to sell it to someone if I'm not sure it's good. Not to mention the hassle of shipping it would never justify the cash I would get for it.