1988 Mustang GT: What's This Worth?

Wease

With the miles his asking price is right about where it should be.

If you check out eBay, you'll find that 9K is way too high, regardless of mileage.

To the OP - mileage is only important to the seller, if in fact those are true miles. Don't buy into the idea a vehicle that old is better because it has fewer miles than most.

ummm no....these cars are getting harder and harder to find in decent shape. The car is worth about of what he is asking for.

I'm just going off what I see them selling for on eBay. You can look at current auctions as well as ones that have already sold.

I didn't see any selling that high...

I'm just going off what I see them selling for on eBay. You can look at current auctions as well as ones that have already sold.

I didn't see any selling that high...

jesus christ, dude, you are a complete fucking moron. go find a 5 gallon pale somewhere and just drown yourself in it.

to the original poster, the price is fair. i would buy that car if i were going to leave it stock, or nearly stock. if he plans on modding it, you can find plenty of cars that have been lightly or heavily modded with a bit more miles on them for less money--but they won't be as clean as the one he's looking at.

so many people buy these cars stock, with low miles (and pay a decent amount for them), and then end up spending tons of money modding the hell out of them--they spend more money in the long run, then they would have if they had bought a modded car from the start

i would throughly check the car out first. the speedometer only has 5 digits on them so you can never be to sure. check all the key spots for rust, like the trunk, inner doors, wheel wells, and a few other spots. i wouldnt pay 9k for it, but im not your brother either. either way gl with whatever he gets. keep us posted

If it's truly 24,000 miles I would think that's pretty close to it's value.I would pay $7500.00 after I drove it and looked around it for rust.They are getting hard to find unmolested and they are old enough that restoration shops are getting into them.

jesus christ, dude, you are a complete fucking moron. go find a 5 gallon pale somewhere and just drown yourself in it.

eBay is a great tool to discover the market value of vehicles. I buy and sell cars wholesale and I will tell you that the vehicle in question wouldn't bring 5K on the stand.

Maybe you're the fucking moron that would pay above market value for it.

I don't get you... The OP asked "Mustang guys, what would you pay for this?" He didn't ask do you think rch10007 is a moron becasue he wouldn't pay more than 5K for it. So fuck you! You really should let what is said in one thread spill out into others.

He asked how much, I said 5K, I gave what I used to determine that amount - ebay - which millions of fucking people use to determine value of property and you come at me like a cocksucker! Get off my dick, fag.

I think what your forgetting in the in most "ebay" sales someone is buying a car sight unseen. Someone is not going to pay top dollar for a car they have never driven or even laid there eyes on for that matter. Bottom line..that car may be worth 5k to you...not to someone else

I think what your forgetting in the in most "ebay" sales someone is buying a car sight unseen. Someone is not going to pay top dollar for a car they have never driven or even laid there eyes on for that matter. Bottom line..that car may be worth 5k to you...not to someone else

FWIW - 2.5 months ago, I bought a 2006 Stage 3 Roush F150 4X4 with 38K miles off of ebay for $20,265 cash. Now you tell me if that was a good deal. The reality is that some sell to the market and some buy wholesale.

I got a DD with all the mods I would want on a truck for barely more than what a stocker would go for.

eBay is a great tool to discover the market value of vehicles. I buy and sell cars wholesale and I will tell you that the vehicle in question wouldn't bring 5K on the stand.

this is not a car that would be sold at a wholesale auction--and the fact that you don't know that, and use ebay as your sole source of car pricing perspective, is what makes you a moron.

yeah, you got a great deal on an overpriced, badged up f-150--congrats.

this is not a car that would be sold at a wholesale auction--and the fact that you don't know that, and use ebay as your sole source of car pricing perspective, is what makes you a moron.

yeah, you got a great deal on an overpriced, badged up f-150--congrats.

The stats are there, on eBay... If I really wanted to buy the car, I would research more however, I have done enough to know that you can solely use eBay - if you know what to look for. Using your logic, experience = moron, you must be the biggest moron on the planet since you have tons of experience being an asshole.

I bought the F150 I wanted and I paid more than I wanted, but it was worth it to me. So, if the OP thinks $9K is worth it, more power to him. I wouldn't give more than $5K because I guarantee when I go to the auction on Thursday and Saturday, of this week, there will be similar vehicles selling for less.

The funny thing about your statement is that market value is set by the average selling price of a given vehicle. Idiots like you that would pay a higher price give that model a higher market value.

I thought you were educated. But then again, since your mom couldn't afford a hanger, maybe not.

• Downvote 1

The stats are there, on eBay... If I really wanted to buy the car, I would research more however, I have done enough to know that you can solely use eBay - if you know what to look for. Using your logic, experience = moron, you must be the biggest moron on the planet since you have tons of experience being an asshole..

fyi--there's a difference between an asshole and a moron. you're a moron, and i can be an asshole.

I bought the F150 I wanted and I paid more than I wanted, but it was worth it to me. So, if the OP thinks $9K is worth it, more power to him. I wouldn't give more than $5K because I guarantee when I go to the auction on Thursday and Saturday, of this week, there will be similar vehicles selling for less.

you contradict yourself with every post. you claim to be such a low-balling car wholesale dealer, yet you bought your truck for more than what it is worth (to the general public). i guess that's what you do, when you are buying something that is not very common---like the pristine mustang in question. foxes like the one posted are becoming more and more rare, and they are demanding high prices--you need to expand your research on these cars before you speak.

when i'm looking to buy a car (and i bought my '05 GTO outside of ebay 1.5 years ago), i look at MULTIPLE sources for my target price. i looked at ebay and found that most GTO's were not selling (the reserve was never met), and the 'buy it now' prices were clearly too high. through looking at cars.com, autotrader, and asking around ls1gto.com (as well as looking at their classified section) i came up with a price i was willing to pay. when the car came around i wanted (it happened to be on ebay), i offered the seller the price outside of ebay, so i could check it out and bail out if necessary. i got a sweet-ass deal---$21k for a one year old car with 10k miles on it, in pristine condition.

back to the thread, my advice to the potential buyer is to check out autotrader, cars.com, ebay, and mainly mustang enthusiast sites--corral.net is one that i look at from time to time, there are multiple others. you must do your research or you'll get burned. you can't just go off one source, like ebay--unless you're buying 10 year old cavaliers from auctions.

Maybe you're the fucking moron that would pay above market value for it.

I don't get you... The OP asked "Mustang guys, what would you pay for this?" He didn't ask do you think rch10007 is a moron becasue he wouldn't pay more than 5K for it. So fuck you! You really should let what is said in one thread spill out into others.

He asked how much, I said 5K, I gave what I used to determine that amount - ebay - which millions of fucking people use to determine value of property and you come at me like a cocksucker! Get off my dick, fag.

I only read a few sentences and all I will say is Ebay IS NOT a great tool to find "market" value.

A 2006 Stage 3 Roush F150 4X4 for $20K is overpriced.

Before you accuse some of being contradictory, you should type your post, stop, read it, stop, reread it, make sure you don't contradict yourself, then, finally hit submit. And yes, you've proven you're an asshole and a moron.

Truth is, the car is worth what someone will pay for it. You'd pay more than me and that's where averages come in. To conclude that countless hours of studying multiple resources only to determine that they are redundant is absurd, kinda like your posts.