1988 Mustang GT: What's This Worth?

Wease

Guest tbutera2112
24k miles? thats shady as hell...its probably 124k miles... carfax it before you buy it and see if the mileage is ever mentioned in the report, for example when it has transferred owners in the past, or something along those lines

I would say the car is worth every bit of that. Unmolested fox bodies are nearly impossible to find and most of them are going for more then $9000. I say buy if he really wants a clean one.

+1000

just to show how these cars have gone up in value, i bought my '87 t-topped GT 11 years ago in 1997. it was bone stock down to the filter, and had around 50k miles on it--i payed $4k for it--that was the going price at that time. as stated above, these cars are demanding the increased price for several reasons::

1) DECREASED SUPPLY: they are simply becoming more rare for the fact that as time goes by, more and more are modded to hell, wrecked, parted out, abused, or plagued with rust. finding an unabused specimen that has been well-maintained for nearly 20 years is obviously going to be difficult--the cost will reflect this.

2) INCREASED DEMAND: people in their 30's (who are willing to pay good money) are buying these cars, because they want the car that was popular when they were in high school. sounds crazy, i know, but MM&FF looked at who was buying these cars, and it was men in their 30's.

on that note, my uncle is getting rid of his pristine, 50k mile '85 GT--and i will be picking it up next summer when i move, and have more garage space. i can remember a buddy that had an '85 when i was in high school.

Sorry guys, been without power to check this.

Found out from another message board where a member ran a CarFax that the car has a junk title. So that pretty much rules out him looking to buy it... :(

:lol: So the guy wanted $9k for a junk title foxbody..... wow

Guest tbutera2112
:lol: So the guy wanted $9k for a junk title foxbody..... wow

he probably wouldnt mention that it was a junk title and would hope somebody young would buy it without seeing "Rebuilt" printed on the title