What to do with an old car

Big A

I have a 96 explorer. I don't feel that it is safe to sell to someone else for use. I have talked to pick-n-pull and they said up to $315 for it. I was wondering if there is any other options out there maybe get some more money out of it? Or should I just say fuck it and get what I can out of it from them?

? Thats no reason to send it to a yard unless it is a smashed up and rusted pile of shit.

Maintenance.

Pull the codes for the light, ABS light is probably a sensor, drivers seat can be had at a junkyard for cheap. As for not wanting to run, pull the codes and go from there. Post them up on here in the Tech section if you want.

? Thats no reason to send it to a yard unless it is a smashed up and rusted pile of shit.

Maintenance.

Pull the codes for the light, ABS light is probably a sensor, drivers seat can be had at a junkyard for cheap. As for not wanting to run, pull the codes and go from there. Post them up on here in the Tech section if you want.

I tried to, because of the year i was told the only place that can do that is a dealer who wanted over $150 to do that because they said something about having to do a 150 point inspection and some other bullshit. They wouldn't just pull the codes and tell me. I know why the abs light is on, the abs was fucking up so someone disabled it. It is starting to rust and the windshield is cracked too. On top of that lately when you get up around 65-70 MPH it starts pulling from side to side. After driving this for some time i don't feel that it is safe for someone to drive as is. It would need lots of work and for the money it needs, I'm going to put that into a new car.

DO NOT SCRAP IT RIGHT NOW, The scrap market has fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks. I would recomend holding on to it or posting it for $500 on craigslist, and listing everything that is wrong with it.

Also 4 door or 2 door ?

+1

DO NOT SCRAP IT RIGHT NOW, The scrap market has fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks. I would recomend holding on to it or posting it for $500 on craigslist, and listing everything that is wrong with it.

Also 4 door or 2 door ?

Posting on craigslist for 500 is where I would start. Just be upfront with what you know is wrong with it and you shouldn't have any worry about selling it because of safety.

Good luck.

donate it and write it off at a much higher rate. they will fix it handle any issues with it.

I tried to donate a reasonably well-off pickup truck once and they (St. Mary's of somethingorother near Cleveland) turned me down. It had rust on the rocker panels and was too many years old, they said. Are there certain charities that are more accepting?

Also 4 door or 2 door ?

4 door 4x4.

if its a v-8 explorer I'll pay 350 for it

Nope its a 6.

Looks like i might try craigslist for a week or 2.