Anyone ride road bikes?

Farkas

I recently started riding and was curious if anyone else was into this kind of stuff. It's a lot of fun, and with the help of my buddy Eugene he's hooked me up quite a bit with biking shorts, jerseys and stuff. I haven't really been doing much cardio over the years and this is a great way for me to get into something healthy and energizing.

I seem to be riding on trips between 20-30 miles just as a beginner, but it would be fun to ride with other people around my skill level. I like taking new paths and road trips, so if anyone has suggestions, put them out there!

I've had 4-5 bikes in my garage hanging for years and decided to get the one down that sizes up to me best and get it back on the road.. so far I have a little less that 30 dollars into new tires, tubes and random little things. Most of the cleaning and restoration I was able to do myself.

Here's my bike.. It's a French bike called Motobecane Nomade II. It's somewhere between a 1979-1982 and for it's time it was supposed to be somewhat lightweight...but certainly obsolete by this time. I don't intend to put any more money into this bike, but really I just want to use it as a springboard into riding. If I continue with this hobby, I'll invest in something much nicer.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/56/l_1068d5ab46574a1aaa0122215b0c6193.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/45/l_226804acbd7847c58e4da40cd1fe7d60.jpg

Only advise I can give you is, GET THE FUCK OFF OF POPULAR ROAD WAYS. I can't understand why the fuck someone on a bicycle would ride on any road thats got any substancial traffic on it..... or really any road where a car is likely to travel. Seriously, you cyclists need to respect that cars out number your ass, and they will win. People, including me, get pissed when theres a cyclist going 20 or so, in a 45 or 55, and we can't pass cause your dumb ass is in the middle of the fucking road, and theres too much traffic oncoming to safely go aroung with out endangering you or us in the process. So seriously, go out into the country and not during rush hour to do your cardio. please. k thanks.

I ride a TREK Pilot 5.0 (all carbon fiber)and Ive definately got some money in it. let me know when and where. Im out of shape right now but can still do 20 to 30 miles easy. Heres a pice of my bike.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq33/LS-oned/DSC_0003-1.jpg

Only advise I can give you is, GET THE FUCK OFF OF POPULAR ROAD WAYS. I can't understand why the fuck someone on a bicycle would ride on any road thats got any substancial traffic on it..... or really any road where a car is likely to travel. Seriously, you cyclists need to respect that cars out number your ass, and they will win. People, including me, get pissed when theres a cyclist going 20 or so, in a 45 or 55, and we can't pass cause your dumb ass is in the middle of the fucking road, and theres too much traffic oncoming to safely go aroung with out endangering you or us in the process. So seriously, go out into the country and not during rush hour to do your cardio. please. k thanks.

Wow, so much animosity towards cyclists. :p

Calm down killer, I'm not riding anywhere near major roadways because I know how dangerous it is. Lately I've been riding the bike path that starts right off Stelzer road near the chiller and from my understanding continues on, all the way out through westerville and on to Delaware. However, there aren't paths and sidewalks everywhere so you have to carefully continue on the road until you can get somewhere like that.. so be patient with bikers, most like myself, only do it when we have to.

I ride a TREK Pilot 5.0 (all carbon fiber)and Ive definately got some money in it. let me know when and where. Im out of shape right now but can still do 20 to 30 miles easy. Heres a pice of my bike.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq33/LS-oned/DSC_0003-1.jpg

Great looking bike.. did you pick that one up at one of the TREK Superstores? I have one right near my house on Hamilton and I believe I was looking at similar bikes.. $$$$. What side of town are you on, we'll go riding sometime if you're free.

If you are interested here are a couple of rides going on.......

Fall Hoot

Saturday, October 4, 2008

8:00am - 9:30am

Bloom Carroll High School

5240 Plum Rd

Carroll, OH

Flat to rolling route of 35-40 miles. Longer route of 65 miles with lots of hills may remind you of CFC. Plenty of food stops available. Budget Tour. $2 members, $4 non-members.

WSD Breast Cancer Awareness Ride

Saturday, October 11, 2008

10:00am

Trek Bicycle Store

5334 North Hamilton Rd

New Albany, OH

10:00 AM 10-mile casual family-friend bike ride and 25 mile ride for the more adventurous riders. More than 100 participating Trek dealers across the United States and Canada will join together to raise awareness for Breast Cancer research, treatment and prevention. Our goal is to have more than 10,000 women, men and children from across the nation all riding on the same day at the same time in a healthy and friendly environment, uniting together to show support for breast cancer patients and survivors by sharing challenges, celebrating victories, and fighting for a cure. $25