Concealed carry guys

XChris1632X

I think I am going to start carrying all the time again. I will prob use my M&P 9mm. My question is what do you guys like for holsters and where do you like to get them. My holster is rather bulkier than I prefer but it does the trick. I am looking for something that conceals a little bit easier and comfortably. I was thinking about putting it inside my pants on the right side of my back. What do you guys think? Should I just keep it on my right side? Give me some opinions.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buckeye outdoors has a HUGE selection of holsters and they are very well priced. I dont have my conceal carry yet but I do have an under arm holster, so it sits a couple inches down from my armpit, I dont really like it though, its great for that "gangster" effect but thats about it.

I normally carry inside the waste band on my left side. I use a tiny leather holster, I honestly don't remember the brand.

Are you right or left handed? I have never been fond of reaching over my body to my weak side. I was thinking of keeping on my back just for ease of concealing and still be able to obtain a concealed draw.

Are you right or left handed? I have never been fond of reaching over my body to my weak side. I was thinking of keeping on my back just for ease of concealing and still be able to obtain a concealed draw.

Right handed. I like the cross draw.

Inside of my my left ankle you will always find a Glock 23 I take it off when I shower and thats about it. I want to get a nice Galco Miami Classic though.

-Erik

Yeah one day I wanna put that on and see what it feels like. I was actually suprised you carry that as much as you do, especially in the places you deff shouldn't have it.

ive got a comptac m-tac minotaur IWB for my M&P 9c. i can hardly tell its there. im right handed. i guess the only thing "bad" about it, is its not cheap like some you will find. i got mine slightly used and i think i paid 70$. they're around 80$ new. in my mind, it is probably the most comfortable holster i would find. judging some of the others, i wouldnt want kydex on my skin, and the others would have had the gun right against my skin. the leather on this covers all the gun and nothing but the grip touches me.

pics...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02379.jpg?t=1223829670

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/DSC02380.jpg?t=1223829670

Thats right about where I want mine except I would turn mine around the other day.

so the grip is pointing right?

i thought i'd like that too, but when you go to grab it, its not as easy to get your 4 fingers between your gun and hip to pull it out as it is to wrap your 4 fingers around from the outside and draw

i know it doesnt make much sense in writing.

not to mention, if you have it facing the other way, when you draw and go to pull the gun up, the natural motion is going to have the gun pointing at your leg for a brief second, something i wouldnt want to risk if i was in the position where i had to get it out quickly and pop off a couple shots. with this position, when you draw, as soon as it exits the holster, you're pointing away from your leg/foot

what you're wanting is a left handed holster and wear it on your right side.

A big second on the Comp-tac M-Tac. I've got one for my .45 XD, and it fits perfectly in the 2 o'clock position I favor. The XD is a fairly thick piece, but I show almost no printing unless I tuck my shirt in TIGHT. Quality construction too, the Kydex is nice and thick, and they use that thick thread for stitching the leather pieces together.

And I've had no holster wear yet on the slide.