seized caliper sliding pin

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

the pin is seized up and rusted away pretty much...anyone have a trick to getting this pin out? i put locking pliers on it and then put it at and angle and beat it down with a hammer and all i did was round off the pin some more...its chewed up horribly bad, tried beating it out for an hour with no luck...dont wanna buy a caliper because thats $$....anyone have a trick for this?

its for the mustang

Guest mitsumodder
if you just heat right where the slide pin it will be ok, i have done it many times... there is usually bushings inside the slide pin hole that will burn, but you can replace them.

Guest tbutera2112

ok well...im letting it sit with wd40, ill let it sit a day or so and then try again, if i cant get it ill try a torch...thanks

its my driver side rear caliper, and only 1 was seized...could have that caused my wheel shimmy at speed?

Guest tbutera2112

nevermind about the wheel shimmy....i just remembered how horrible my front tires are

and yea i will try pb blaster too...just tryin to do this cheap and i have wd40 here already and no pb blaster....its rusted so bad that the diameter of the pin is like half of what it should be...i had to peel the boot away to get it off because it was so full of rust it was rock solid