International Travel question

nochknstrps

^ cool I'll hit you up this weekend.

Thinking about week in Spain, nothing fancy I just don't want my body parted out and sold on the black market. Ideal would be the weekend of the GP race in Jerez, or Catalunya and then finish up the week over on Ibiza.

Edited by nochknstrps

A lot of European countries have tons of little "bed and breakfast" places. In Germany, people are allowed to rent out a spare room, and many do. They have a sign posted that says "free", meaning "vacancy". Find a Frommer's guide in your library for the area you want to go to. It won't give a lot of low cost solutions, but gives an idea of what to expect, and what time of year is best to go. I'm working on an England/Scotland/Ireland for my next trip.

I'm slow, you definitely already answered my question.

I was just in Spain in september. I only went to the east coast, but it was beautiful! I was in Barcelona for a week, which in my personal opinion was a little too long, but you can check out some Gaudi and the Sagrada Familia. There are nice beaches there too, but they're really crowded if you go during prime travel season (may-august).

I also checked out Valencia. Its less of a tourist attraction, but has some interesting stuff to look at still.

We found our places to stay out of a camp ground book. Most of the places you can pay ~$15 a night to stay.

There are also some spectacular beaches along the east coast of spain. This is one that i could crawl out of the tent and walk 10 feet to see the beach.

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=1073

You didn't mention transportation. Car, bike, or urban transit (rail/bus/cab/bicycle/feet)? You can get a 30 day EuroPass for the rail in Europe. Goes everywhere. Certain travel rules apply. At all stops there will be buses, cabs, bicycle rentals, car rentals, etc. Rather than haul all your stuff around, try and find one of the few hotels or hostels that will allow free or low cost storage of your luggage, while you take trips around to other places for a few days. You'll have to do some research to find where those type places are. There are a lot of resources on line, but it will be overwhelming amounts of info till you get a handle on what you really want to do while there. BTW, the only tours that I would recommend, are not bus tours, but boat tours down rivers. Very cool.

I'm geeking out here...

Danforth Prince "Frommer's Spain 2009 "

http://depositfiles.com/files/e6h5mrnbx

Frommer's Madrid: With side trips to Salamance & Avila

http://depositfiles.com/files/62d1qrtel

Frommer's Seville, Granada & the Best of Andalusia

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/cwlqg2srx

Frommer's Barcelona

http://depositfiles.com/en/files/dqv7cz4g9

I went to Jerez and Cadiz for the GP a while back.

Get your butt over to Barnes and noble and find some toursit books on Spain. They'll list all sorts of B&B's and othe places to stay.

We stayed at hotels the whole time - I'll see if I can find the names of them. Being on the Costa Del Sol, they we're exactly cheap. But we stayed in the oldest part of Cadiz - one of Yurp's oldest cities - and it was pretty cool and a little bit less expensive.

It's no different than any other kind of trip - you can pre-plan each night and make reservations or just wing it and get a place when you get there. Advantages / disadvantages to both.

Edited by Earache