Bob's Official Cigar Thread

Diamonds

I feel that there are enough people who enjoy Cigars on here to make a thread for it.

I figured we could just keep it to one thread as far as:

1. Local Shops & events

2. Reviews

3. Good deals, Promotions, & Free Cigars

4. Q & A for the novice

5. Cigar trading and buying

Maybe it would be too clustered, if it gets too busy we can do an "official cigar review thread" and a "official cigar everything else thread", we'll see.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start it with a review.

This might possibly be the Best Cigar to Date that I have smoked.

1. Brand

2. Series

3. Wrapper

4. Size

5. Class (daily vs. premium vs. boutique)

6. Cost

7. Review

1. Brand - Gurkha

2. Series - Master Select

3. Wrapper - Habana 2000 EMS

4. Size - Presidente 7.5 x 54 ring

5. Boutique

6. Cost - 9.00 - 11.00 per cigar

7. Review

This Cigar might be the best i've smoked to date. At first glance it looked to be a Maduro, but upon research it is actually their medium brown EMS. The burn was incredibly even. The ash was as white as snow and very smooth. The only thing left to be desired would be that i wish it had a bit tighter of a draw.

Aroma - Slightly sweet, some Cedar, light and pleasant.

Taste - I was enjoying a few Gin and tonics with the cigar and they were a perfect compliment to eachother. The EMS Habana 2000 wrapper was creamy and coupled with the Gin it made it just the tiniest bit sweet. the other big part of a cigar's enjoyment is it's aroma. This cigar ACTUALLY smelled similar to the inside of a cigar store WHILE BURNING! That is quite a rare smell that i have only experienced with one other boutique cigar (was an Ashton).

So basically, the thing had the taste and aroma that you expect from such an expensive cigar meanign that it "walked the walk" while other similarly priced cigars claim alot and then let you down. It's coupling with the Gin and Tonic made quite the enjoyable 2 hour treat. It truly sits as the best cigar that i've smoked to date.

- Bob

(P.S. - here's a pic but the wrapper was a TINY bit darker in person)

http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars/skupics/gum/CI-GUM-PREN5PK-400.jpg

If you need cigars from that island off of Florida's coast, you know, Fidel's place. Let me know. But you gotta buy them a box at a time.

Brand?, size?, price? - If it's a better more reliable deal than "my guy" i may be interested. My trouble is i can only access them 2-3 times a year.

Alot of Cube's are counterfeit, i'd need to see for myself or be proven that they are legit.

Get me the stats. I'd gladly split a box with someone (assuming the box is 20-25 sticks) if the price/size/brand is right.

ends thread...

Acid Kuba Kuba is all you need to know.

I don't know much about Acid cigars, In-fact... i've never even smoked one. Give me the lowdown on this cigar. In the past, i have strayed away from cigars that i see sold in grocery stores but in the last couple of years, said grocery stores have started carrying Onyx, H Uppmann, and Punch so maybe i was just being judgemental.

Tell me abotu this "kuba kuba"

ends thread...

Acid Kuba Kuba is all you need to know.

+1 and i know Hal will be in here to say something about them also. Anything Acid is good from the 1400- kuba kuba. First off they cost around $7-12i believe. They have a very sweet taste. I was told when they are drying, they roll them in sugar. The first time you smoke one you will love it or hate it. They smoke very even and clean throughout with just a little punch toward the end. The smaller size is nice and can be smoked in 30-45 mins while the larger one will take around 1.5 hours i would guess.

The only thing left to be desired would be that i wish it had a bit tighter of a draw.

Bob, what kind of cutter do you have?

I've enjoyed quite a couple good cigars myself.. none of them I really know the names of.

I've tried a couple of that Acid ones, most notably the Chocolate Vodka and it seems to stick in my mind the most. BUT, I have enjoyed a couple of the cigars Doc gave me from his own collection.

Haven’t we had enough of this cigar smoking shit? When are these fat, arrogant, overfed white-collar business criminals going to extinguish their cigars and move on to their next abomination?

Soft, white, business pussies suckin’ on a big brown dick. You know, Freud used to say that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Yeah? Well, sometimes it’s a big, brown dick! With a fat, criminal-business asshole sucking on the wet end of it.

But, hey! The news is not all bad for me. Not all bad. Want to hear the good part? Cancer of the mouth. Good! Fuck em’. Makes me happy: It’s an attractive disease. So light up, suspender man, and smoke that smoke deep down into your empty suit. And blow it out your ass, you miserable cocksucker.

Haven’t we had enough of this cigar smoking shit? When are these fat, arrogant, overfed white-collar business criminals going to extinguish their cigars and move on to their next abomination?

Soft, white, business pussies suckin’ on a big brown dick. You know, Freud used to say that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Yeah? Well, sometimes it’s a big, brown dick! With a fat, criminal-business asshole sucking on the wet end of it.

But, hey! The news is not all bad for me. Not all bad. Want to hear the good part? Cancer of the mouth. Good! Fuck em’. Makes me happy: It’s an attractive disease. So light up, suspender man, and smoke that smoke deep down into your empty suit. And blow it out your ass, you miserable cocksucker.

http://www.sfwchan.com/pics/60356413.jpg

Bob, what kind of cutter do you have?

I've enjoyed quite a couple good cigars myself.. none of them I really know the names of.

I've tried a couple of that Acid ones, most notably the Chocolate Vodka and it seems to stick in my mind the most. BUT, I have enjoyed a couple of the cigars Doc gave me from his own collection.

i used a regular guillotine . Usually with a blunt end cigar i will use a punch cutter.... but i didn't and the draw was too loose. I bet a punch cut would have actually made the situation better.

I normally only use a guillotine on torpedos.

Well, it is my cousin and I have purchased 3 boxes in the past. They have Cuban Tax Stamp on the box.

I have purchased Cohibas (Robustos and Siglios) (spicy smoke, very oily wrapper) and some Romeo y Julietta.

tell me what you want and I can have them get them.

You officially have an obsession with sucking cock. :gay:

i used a regular guillotine . Usually with a blunt end cigar i will use a punch cutter.... but i didn't and the draw was too loose. I bet a punch cut would have actually made the situation better.

I normally only use a guillotine on torpedos.

I was going to say, sounds like you used the wrong cutter to have a draw like that. I typically use my punch cutter since it usually seems to work to my preference as far as draw.

Acid cigars all use a sweet dip to wet and roll. I personally prefer the Kuba-Kuba, it's a very sweet smooth smoke. Best when you're out enjoying something and having a beer. The 1400 has a similar taste an is still very smooth. If you go with a Liquid, it's a little harsher smoke but, it's still delicious.

Apart from Acids, I enjoy Partagas and the cheaper CAO gold series.

As for a cutter, I prefer a v-cut. It's a more symetrical smoke with the v.

For lighting I usually use butane but, I have been known to use cedar also.