Get your G8 GXP orders in now, ladies...

zeitgeist57

They don't have a following....not in volume like we need. To much of a niche car. What really pisses me off is they should have brought the G8 over long before the GTO, which also had miserable sale as people were wanting 4 doors and auto transmissions. At least Chrysler capitalized a bit earlier with the Charger. Too little too late though.

I grew up in a GM family and grew up through the 80's. Hell, I remember when the 1982 Cutlass Supreme would sell for sticker all day at $9,999 on my parents lots. Sold tons of them. Granted a 231cu. in V6 at 110hp sucked in a 3,800lb car, but hey....GM sold cars.

Personally, I had a hard-on for the G8 but after watching the markets change, my mind changed after June of this year. I couldn't give away my GXP...seriously...had it up for under $14k and not one serious nibble....and she was perfect in every way.

Great press doesn't sell cars unfortunately. That said, I will miss the sky....it's one of the best looking cars in it's class IMO.

Yeah, this is more of a product of the new CAFE standards over GM not recognizing they built a class-leading vehicle.

Also, I'm not so sure they have a following. Apparently G8's have been sitting on dealer lots too long.

Ahhhh, good ole CAFE' standards. We must combat global warming during the coldest year on record in like 30 years:) We must conserve oil while we sit on billions of cubic feet of natural gas and millions of gallons of untapped oil right here at home.

Thank you govt for contributing to the death of an American Institution:)

quite sad.

if they don't kill off all but one line soon they are going to go out of business

Exactly. Rediculous that they make 5 different TrailBlazer variants, and the Outlook/Enclave type vehicles are on their way in the same path.

Cobalt/G5, all of this double/triple/quadruple(sp?) model crap is stupid.

They make some solid cars, but just too many of them.

Aveo size car/Cobalt size car/G6 size car/Malibu size car/G8 size car/Rav-4 size suv/Highlander size suv/outlook size suv/full size SUV/small truck/large truck would be a solid start. All being Chevrolet, with the Cadillac catering to buick/cadillac buyers and their V line and also offering the Excalade, but make it hybrid only, and more street oriented.

But that makes too much sense..........Oh and they need to make sure they use the FSI Turbo tech on all their engines, to replace V8's with V6T, V6 with I4 T etc........much better mileage with same power. Just take the B8 S4, it will have a supecharged V6, 10 less hp than V8 S4, but more tq, and a much larger area under the curve, plus 25% better gas mileage.