How long have you had your LSx car? Whats your story?

V8 Beast

When I first purchased my TA I did it to be different since everyone had Mustangs. Now I cant take a 5 minute drive without seeing some type of LSx car. So how many of you just found the LSx greatness and how many have been enjoying it for a long time?

I purchased my car in January 2002. I drove up to Michigan (which is why I have a block heater) to pick up what I was told was a silver manual ws6. I get there and it was an automatic pewter ws6. I drove for hours in a v6 firebird and almost died on the way (black ice ftl). I was pissed beyond belief... After litterally 6 hours of negotiating they ended up dropping the price from $29,995 to $23,995. The car only had like 10k miles, and 4 years left on the warranty, so I couldnt pass it up.

I bought my LSx .....truck 8/30 of this year. I traded in my 2000 Mustang GT that I've had since 01. There's no real story to it. I was looking at Evo IXs. They're AWD, make good power, are fun to drive, and have 4 doors. The SS meets all that criteria, plus it has a pimp interior. I kinda stumbled across mine. I got pretty good deal. The dealership lost money on me. :cool:

Car is gone but,

I got back from Basic Training in January 03'. I had a nice chunk of change burning a hole in my pocket, and had been dying for a muscle car of sorts. I'd always liked mustangs, but wasn't sure. I went out and started test driving 02 GT's, Cobras, and I liked them, but just wasn't enough power I thought. I talked with Anthony about an F-Body. He said I should buy an LSX car vs. the LT1, and that I would be much happier with the LS1 powered car. I found a 00 Formula on the east side, and went to take a look. It was exactly what I wanted, especially after my test drive. Anthony later came to look at it, and told me it was the NHRA formula and I NEEDED TO BUY! Well, some jack ass got to it before I, not knowing what it was. Bummed as I was, I kept looking. I even debated C4 Corvettes, but nothing compared to the power felt by the LS1. So one bored day I went to Dan Tobin. And magically there she was, 98 Z28. I kinda hated the 4th Gen look, but was interested. I got inside, and was hooked. 6-speed, T-tops, sport appearance package. I fell in love, but more so after I got to rip gears on sawmill road. 2 days later, I walked away with it and kept it for a few years. Never had one issue with it, even as a daily driver. It sat for 2 years while I was overseas, and was always waiting for me. I miss it to this day, but it lives 2 separate lives now :)

When the 4th gen WS6 came out I knew I wanted a T/A WS6 at some point. In late 2003 I saw an ad in automart that featured 2 WS6's - 1 Silver and 1 navy blue metallic. Both were 02s, had < 10K miles, and were fully loaded 6 speeds. Apparently, they were ordered by a husband and wife, driven for 12 months, then traded back in on matching Envoys. I watched the dealers ad in each automart for a month and finally my wife said go buy it! I sat in the showroom for 2 hours looking at the 2 colors trying to decide which one to buy as they were both the same price. In the end it was my daily at the time and I did not think I could keep the NBM clean. Paid 23,500. Car was absolutely 100% stock when I bought it.

Picked mine up Sept 24th 2003. I traded my wife's car in on it (why it's in her name), we made an inner-marriage contract (yes on paper signed by both of us) details confidential, and we took home a 2002 GM certified used Z28 with 8,883 miles on it. It cost us almost $26k, but was 100% flawless with every option but the SS package that I really didn't want. It was my daily driver, however I had a company vehicle at the time so it sat in the garage, and when I changed jobs I bought my beater S10 so my car wouldn't see much daily use. It currently has under 54k miles on it, and the mods have only really gotten agressive in the last year. I love that until you hear it run it looks almost as nice as it did when I bought it, still very stock appearing.

My wife made it easy to get, and has helped to purchase all the performance parts. She has to get credit for my Camaro being what it is, thus why her plates are 1SGRMOM. The car is almost done as I really don't want to accomplish much more with it, when it gets back together I will have accomplished my goals with the car. All the factory options it came with, capable of being driven whenever I want, and run some nitrous so i can say it's a 10 second car. I will have this car forever.

When the 4th gen WS6 came out I knew I wanted a T/A WS6 at some point. In late 2003 I saw an ad in automart that featured 2 WS6's - 1 Silver and 1 navy blue metallic. Both were 02s, had < 10K miles, and were fully loaded 6 speeds. Apparently, they were ordered by a husband and wife, driven for 12 months, then traded back in on matching Envoys. I watched the dealers ad in each automart for a month and finally my wife said go buy it! I sat in the showroom for 2 hours looking at the 2 colors trying to decide which one to buy as they were both the same price. In the end it was my daily at the time and I did not think I could keep the NBM clean. Paid 23,500. Car was absolutely 100% stock when I bought it.

sad thing is it looks better an cleaner now then it did when u bought it

Fuck your LSx bullshit. LC2 fo lyfe.

Been into them since 2002. When I first got into them it was unheard of for a stock block to run low 10s, high 9s. Today there are full weight (3500+lbs) cars running bottom 9s, soon to be in the 8s.

I've seen them evolve from the DOTC club (drove over the crank) to having girdles keeping the cranks in, to lifting the heads with stock gaskets, to improved gaskets to overcome that, to more boost lifting the heads with good gaskets and now to head clamps.

Years ago I never thought I'd see one in the 8s... looks like it will happen soon enough. Also got to watch the first ever 6 second pass by a Stage II car this year at BG. The "new" car being built by BWR should trump that number by far.

Buick > *

I bought my SS down in Cincinnati from the largest man I've ever seen, literally a mountain of a man... He really could not fit into the car comfortably, let alone put a baby seat in there (supposed reason that he sold it).

Anyone else on here make the epic mistake of combining long tubes with a SLP loudmouth I??? It sounds like I'm dragging pots and pans down the road... very raspy.

I bought my SS down in Cincinnati from the largest man I've ever seen, literally a mountain of a man... He really could not fit into the car comfortably, let alone put a baby seat in there (supposed reason that he sold it).

Anyone else on here make the epic mistake of combining long tubes with a SLP loudmouth I??? It sounds like I'm dragging pots and pans down the road... very raspy.

Yes I have that setup on mine. It's too loud but I like the sound of it.

Picked mine up Sept 24th 2003. I traded my wife's car in on it (why it's in her name), we made an inner-marriage contract (yes on paper signed by both of us) details confidential, and we took home a 2002 GM certified used Z28 with 8,883 miles on it. It cost us almost $26k, but was 100% flawless with every option but the SS package that I really didn't want. It was my daily driver, however I had a company vehicle at the time so it sat in the garage, and when I changed jobs I bought my beater S10 so my car wouldn't see much daily use. It currently has under 54k miles on it, and the mods have only really gotten agressive in the last year. I love that until you hear it run it looks almost as nice as it did when I bought it, still very stock appearing.

My wife made it easy to get, and has helped to purchase all the performance parts. She has to get credit for my Camaro being what it is, thus why her plates are 1SGRMOM. The car is almost done as I really don't want to accomplish much more with it, when it gets back together I will have accomplished my goals with the car. All the factory options it came with, capable of being driven whenever I want, and run some nitrous so i can say it's a 10 second car. I will have this car forever.

When I got my car I didnt have any credit so I ended up being the co-signer on the car with my wife. I was paying an 18.75% interest for the first year before I refinanced it at 3.xx%

When I got my car I didnt have any credit so I ended up being the co-signer on the car with my wife. I was paying an 18.75% interest for the first year before I refinanced it at 3.xx%

I was the co-signer on mine too. I turned around the following month and traded my nice S10 for my wife's Impala, but I doubt I would have gotten such a nice F-body had my wife not helped and gave up her Grand Prix. :)

I've only had my LSX car since August. I purchased my previous car a 5.0 fox coupe bone stock and set the goal of running low 12s in the 1/4. I put lots of sweat equity and dollars into it and it turned out to be a stock looking monster of a ride- upon meeting my goal I got bored with straight line acceleration and felt limited by the 1979 chassis in daily driving and the twisties. I didn't want to give up the acceleration so I started looking at my other options... after about 8 months of hard work advertising on numerous online forums, renewing ads, adding more information, and chasing tire kickers I finally sold it for a decent amount for a car that had 180K miles on the body and 18 years old- nowhere near what I had in it but all I really wanted was a down payment for my next car and I already had 3 cars with a two car garage so I couldn't keep it. While I do miss its rawness sometimes the chassis in the c5 z06 I replaced it with is unquestionably amazing- it has 90-95% acceleratoin bone stock as that car had and I can actually have a conversation with my wife now and drive more than 20 minutes without being exhausted- No regrets- I just hope it is reliable as that 5.0 car was.

I had always liked the camaro and ws6 since I can remember. As I learned more and go into cars I decided that I wanted to get one as i felt it would be a good starting platform to mod from. It took searching off and on for 6 months for me to find the one I felt was perfect and meet all of my requirement.

I call the dealer to make sure they have it and I left work early to make sure I was there first to check it out. The car was out getting detailed so I had to wait an hour for it to get there. My dad and I take it out for a test drive and in the mean time a guy from Michigan shows up and makes a cash offer while I'm test driving it. We get back, get the loan stuff worked out and I write the down payment check. I have now had the car for a little over a 1.5 years.

At the end of 2001, I started looking for a 2002 35th LE but after laughing hysterically at a few prices thrown at me from a handful of dealerships, I changed my search for a 2002 White hardtop 6 speed Z28. Sadly, these were harder to find than the LE's and the pricing was similar. I was about to give up when a dealer in Dayton called me and said they have an orange Z28, but it was T-Top and Auto. I went to check it out and they gave it to me for one HELL of a price, so now you see it in my sig! ;)