Mod the bike or buy project?

schmuckingham

I'd suggest wait until spring, and then drop some money on new tires for the bike and a track day. You will learn how to use 75% of the speed the bike already has and you'll be hooked to the speed and thrill only a bike can bring.

Then tag along with Ohio Riders to Deals Gap and see guys that use 95% of the bikes abilities on the street.

I'd suggest wait until spring, and then drop some money on new tires for the bike and a track day. You will learn how to use 75% of the speed the bike already has and you'll be hooked to the speed and thrill only a bike can bring.

Then tag along with Ohio Riders to Deals Gap and see guys that use 95% of the bikes abilities on the street.

hes on ohioriders as schmuckingham or queer one of the two

Body has paint fad and from what i can tell there is no body rust but I cant tell until i actually see it. He has a general list of mods but he said he wanted 4k for the car but as of recently stated 3400 will take it home. I dont know what exhaust, if the manifold is cracked, how the valve cover is blah blah all that other stuff.

I was thinking FMIC and piping, bigger injectors, bigger turdblow and DSMlink ( I want two step :D ). I have a SSQ and a set of RC 550cc injectors laying in my garage along with a stealthmode oil feed and drain for a Precision series turbo so yea.

yeah dsmlink is nice but you can have a 2step with a dsm ecu with eprom http://www.keydriver.com http://www.dsmchips.com

Dude I am one of the main riders on OR and have riden with them quite a few times, I can hold my own.

3) Most of my 1G chips feature expanded timing and openloop AFR maps. The 1G factory maps topped out at ~15psi of boost. So, when you turn up the boost, an ECU with a stock or DSMLink chip is still trying to use timing advance intended for much less boost, limiting the amount of boost you can run because of knock issues. My chips will continue to adjust the timing as high as 24 or more psi of boost. The DSMLink tries to get beyond this limitation by allowing the user to add or subtract timing at each rpm increment. However, any changes made to that rpm become effective at ALL load levels. So, removing timing on the top map also can cause the car to become less responsive at lower boost levels, effecting drivability. On the other hand, my chips can be customized to ONLY effect the timing or AFR at the boost levels that you desire, leaving the lower load maps untouched, maintaining better driveability.

Thats off his web site, He can put together any ecu set up im sure, Ive always herd that any ecu mail it tunes are always going to be a tad rich due to liability reasons, not sure how true that is but IWISHIWASCOOL (ken) was using a keydriver chip not sure what his was for tuned for ect, but he had an 11 second 16g awd talon.

I think you missed my point, I'm not saying the OR crew are the greatest riders on Earth. I'm saying go to Deals Gap with them and watch the crazy locals smoke guys that you think are fast.

Holding your own on the street is merely slight talent and big balls. I used to pass guys on 1000rr's at the track with an SV650 but I'm never the fastest guy on the street.

I think you missed my point, I'm not saying the OR crew are the greatest riders on Earth. I'm saying go to Deals Gap with them and watch the crazy locals smoke guys that you think are fast.

Holding your own on the street is merely slight talent and big balls. I used to pass guys on 1000rr's at the track with an SV650 but I'm never the fastest guy on the street.

Dude shut your cock holster,I am organizing a Mid-O trip with OR next season and Deals Gap isnt the end all be all of the planet. I dont want to go down there due to these idiots you say are "good riders". There is always someone faster and very few people can ride these bikes like they are intended.

And as far as you passing 1000rr's at the track well duh, the bike underneath you has no bearings on weather you are fast or not. I have seen guys on ass old Gixxers blow buy newer 1000's on the track, hell my Girlfriend did a track day this past summer and she is probably faster than me on the track with her 600.

Wow you got your panties in a bunch over my last statement. I'm simply trying to say that modding most bikes is useless and the money is better spent working on your riding skill in a controlled atmosphere. I too think the locals at Deal's Gap are dangerous, hence why I called them "crazy" in my previous post. A 1000rr has more than enough power already and you will probably find it needs suspension work if you start pushing it real hard. Once you've found that point, you'll be ready to start modding it.

I guess I should have just told you to buy a DSM like everyone else.......

Wow you got your panties in a bunch over my last statement. I'm simply trying to say that modding most bikes is useless and the money is better spent working on your riding skill in a controlled atmosphere. I too think the locals at Deal's Gap are dangerous, hence why I called them "crazy" in my previous post. A 1000rr has more than enough power already and you will probably find it needs suspension work if you start pushing it real hard. Once you've found that point, you'll be ready to start modding it.

I guess I should have just told you to buy a DSM like everyone else.......

The 1kRR is one of the better liter bikes on handling, because its lower on power its easier to manage than other. As far as the suspension goes every bike need new suspension once you start pushing it hard. Ill just set it for my weight and leave it be, no need to spend a shit load of money on a Ohlins 20mm kit and rear clicker shock until i have time to do more track days.