It's about that time again.

Skinner

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, who knows what kind of a car he likes. The majority of people on here only buy american cars. It was the only decent AWD domestic car made.

Forgive me? lol

PS. Have you chipped your A4 yet?

Apr & a cheapy test pipe..

Wish I replaced the dv & pcv before the dyno but still managed 222awhp & 292awtq. :(

Might take it back another time with the bs replaced now. :D

I just blew my PCV.......its getting warranted with the revised version (still crap)

My plans involve the BSH stg 2 with catch can pcv fix.

I didn't bother with a warranty claim for the PCV or DV..

Just grabbed them and threw em on (cheap and easy).

I'm waiting for APR to get off their asses and release the Stage3 Kits.

Must Have MOar Boosts!

I didn't bother with a warranty claim for the PCV or DV..

Just grabbed them and threw em on (cheap and easy).

I'm waiting for APR to get off their asses and release the Stage3 Kits.

Must Have MOar Boosts!

Nice! They are releasing them soon right? Thought I read that on AW.

Yeah a lack of funds while in college is the reason I dont already have the PCV fix.

I have modest plans for my GTI. Fully supported K04 is my goal. Its perfect for the DSG and daily driving. Coilovers and R32 brakes will tie up my plans.

Nice! They are releasing them soon right? Thought I read that on AW.

Yeah a lack of funds while in college is the reason I dont already have the PCV fix.

I have modest plans for my GTI. Fully supported K04 is my goal. Its perfect for the DSG and daily driving. Coilovers and R32 brakes will tie up my plans.

K04 = Very daily 300whp + DSG = Teh Win :cool:

$15k and under. right now but will know better come closer to may.

Hope you ain't counting on a raise/bonus from NW. I've heard we're getting next to nothing and we should just like that. Bonuses will be nil and raises probably in the .5%-1% range. Good sources too.

Anyhow, SUV prices have plummeted. Why not look at a Grand Cherokee? You get all the luxury options and maybe a DVD for the three amigos. MPG isn't that great, but realistically when you are looking for a 4x4 or AWD MPG is going to suck anyways.

Hope you ain't counting on a raise/bonus from NW. I've heard we're getting next to nothing and we should just like that. Bonuses will be nil and raises probably in the .5%-1% range. Good sources too.

Anyhow, SUV prices have plummeted. Why not look at a Grand Cherokee? You get all the luxury options and maybe a DVD for the three amigos. MPG isn't that great, but realistically when you are looking for a 4x4 or AWD MPG is going to suck anyways.

yeah I know about the raises and bonus. right now I'm open to anythign was just really like the over all package of the s60

if I can find one for $15k or under I'll be all over it.

Theres a wrecked one on ebay for that:D . Its definately a buyers market out there now. If you have your own financing prior to shopping for a car, you can literally just about name your price at a dealership. Jasson I believe just got his ss for around $17k. You could probably find one around $15k. Call a small dealership and have them purchase what you want at auction. You pay them a small fee, and you can save thousands. I know theres a few people on here that have purchased cars this way.

Sean/Shawn/Shaun/Shon....:p

As you may be well aware, since your service writer days, that European Cars are expensive to maintain and or repair. Just do your homework and be prepared. Remember that I have had to buy alot of Euro-specific tools to work on mine over the last few years, and I'm only 200 yards from you.

P.S. How did the Boys like the trains?

S60 driver here. I've never drivin an R but I bet it would just kick ass. I love how my S60 handles, can't imagine how nice it would be to drive an R. In fact, I should never drive one or I would probably be sad every time I get into my car.

Be aware that the torque is limited to 250 in early S60R's but I think thats only for the autos.

Sean/Shawn/Shaun/Shon....:p

As you may be well aware, since your service writer days, that European Cars are expensive to maintain and or repair. Just do your homework and be prepared. Remember that I have had to buy alot of Euro-specific tools to work on mine over the last few years, and I'm only 200 yards from you.

P.S. How did the Boys like the trains?

haven't shown it to them yet I might set it up this weekend but I fear they will attack it like Godzilla would attack Tokyo

S60 driver here. I've never drivin an R but I bet it would just kick ass. I love how my S60 handles, can't imagine how nice it would be to drive an R. In fact, I should never drive one or I would probably be sad every time I get into my car.

is yours FWD or AWD? any issues I should look for?

Tell that to my still averaging 28mpg ass beating the crap outta it. :p

Until we have flying cars, I will never believe you get that kind of gas mileage. You and Steve believe that the gas pedal has two options: off and WFO. On the freeway your car sees 65 twice: once above it, once below it. Tell me I am wrong.

I only wish the A4 LS1 could manage that, and be good in foul weather :( Jealous Mitch

is yours FWD or AWD? any issues I should look for?

FWD. I have 80k miles on mine now and no major problems. Most expensive thing I've done is oil changes and transmission fluid flush. Some of the engine mounts generally need replaced after a while but the ones that go bad are easy to get to and cheap.

The aftermarket isn't that great. Everything you could want is out there but because there isnt much competition the prices are sort of high, but for $3000 more you should be able to go above 400hp.

Couldn't tell you what to look for specifically on an s60r. The S60 and S60R forums are two different places most of the time.

FWD. I have 80k miles on mine now and no major problems. Most expensive thing I've done is oil changes and transmission fluid flush. Some of the engine mounts generally need replaced after a while but the ones that go bad are easy to get to and cheap.

The aftermarket isn't that great. Everything you could want is out there but because there isnt much competition the prices are sort of high, but for $3000 more you should be able to go above 400hp.

Couldn't tell you what to look for specifically on an s60r. The S60 and S60R forums are two different places most of the time.

form what I have read so far the can be chipped with fairly good results.

The Volvo's are nice. Make sure never to rotate the tires, if the front tires are a hair larger than the rears they destroy the drivetrain. They have a few other small issues but nothing major. Besides the ability to destroy the drivetrain with ease.

The Volvo's are nice. Make sure never to rotate the tires, if the front tires are a hair larger than the rears they destroy the drivetrain. They have a few other small issues but nothing major. Besides the ability to destroy the drivetrain with ease.

seriously???

are you sure? for about 4 months I had new front tires and old rear tires. Not sure where you heard that but maybe thats for older volvos?