Ohio State vs. Texas WHO YA GOT??

El Karacho1647545492

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding TxTech vs Ole Miss, I think it's going to be a close game but I don't think it will have the "fun" factor of other games. Ole Miss is the only team with anything to play for, the Cotton bowl is a big deal where they're from. I don't see how TxTech could give a damn after being man-handled by Oklahoma and losing their shot at the NCG.

Beanie runs for over 150 yards

Pryor runs for 100 yards, passes for 170!

Ray Small shows up for the shadows!

We squeek it our by 3 points 31 28 OSU.

The other key to victory is if our average defensive line can get pressure, if they don't chalk it up to the loss column, you have to have pressure, and run mis direction blitzes, some Heacock has yet to figure out, it won us the title in 2003, when we had Dantiono. The soft zone shit he calls will be our demise if there is no d-line pressure.

I think when they lost to Florida the whole team screwed that up. OSU pretty much ran through every team that year and was a favorite to win. Troy Smith (IMO) got a big head after winning the Hisman and the rest of the team thought the game was in the bag. Florida came to play and OSU got beat. I think that's the teams "fault". Last year they did get lucky and got matched up against a better team. I guess my beef with this is there seem to be too many fair weather fans that want to place blame and say this or that about Tressel or the Big10 or whatever. OSU is a great football team, they have their flaws and weak spots but shit, if you look at the past 3 or 4 seasons, it been fun to watch as a fan. I guess I'm just an optimistic person. :) You guys make good points thought, it’s a tuff call.

Tressel doesn't do that, we had 4 TDs on Troy, we won, lets just end the game.

You mean like how we were up 14-10 on Troy and then scored 14 points in the 4th quarter on a 38 yard pass play and then a 16 yard pass play, the latter of which came with 4 minutes left in the game?

There's no such thing as class in college FB. Every coach from every team knows, you score every chance you get because if you don't the BCS will punish you.

There's no such thing as class in college FB. Every coach from every team knows, you score every chance you get because if you don't the BCS will punish you.

Agreed. Style points matter, regardless of whether pollsters want to admit to it or not. Look at Oklahoma - you think they make the NCG (i.e., leap ahead of Texas) if they're only scoring 28 points a game and winning by only 10 points?

Dear Coach Tressel,

Just thought I would write you about this new play that has been invented. When a team is coming with a lot of pressure play after play, you can do this nifty thing called a "screen". It lets the defenders get into the backfield, then the QB throws a short pass to a RB, with blockers all the way down field. If you catch the other team in a blitz, you will gain at least 10 yards. I believe Michigan ran this play 30 times in the 2003 Michigan VS OSU game.

Dear Coach Tressel,

Also, while you're reading letters and considering plays, perhaps you'll give some thought to run what's known as a "sweep." I know, this may be a bit confusing, but stay with me. It's when you have the QB toss - yes, toss it, not hand it off - to the RB who - and this is where it gets weird - then runs outside of the tackles. If you need a minute here, I understand; it's been a while since you've run this play, so your head may be swirling at the thought of it. However, it has proven success: I'm fairly sure Eddie George earned his Heisman in large part because of it. You remember Eddie, right? A big back with surprising speed, kind of like, I dunno, Beanie Wells?

Thanks, and good luck against Texas.

Best Regards,

Buckeye Nation