Going Drag Racing on 1-1-09 in NE Ohio

CHERRY

Dragway 42 is holding its 10th Annual Hang Over Nationals on Thursday.

They race NO MATTER what the conditions are and everyone must

DIAL IN at 20.09 in the 1/4 mile. Trust me it is harder than you might think.

Here is a link for you to check out:

http://www.dragway42.com/index.html

Chuck

Trust me guys this is a BLAST !!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your everyday vehicle or do like I did last year I went out and rented an AVEO from Enterprise and I purchased their insurance.

Chuck

The best ET we could muster was a 24.?? @ 72 MPH with a 5.1? sixty foot time as the starting line was real slippery.

2005 was fun. Track conditions were pretty good, so EVERYONE was breaking out. The rules when both cars break out is that the car that is closer to the index wins.

So it ended up that everyone would run WOT til about 30 feet from the 1/4mile line, then slam on the brakes and try to get the other car to shoot past. But if you come to a total stop, you're DQed. Nasty, but fun.

do like I did last year I went out and rented an AVEO from Enterprise and I purchased their insurance.

How long would it take to throw a nitrous kit on a rental, and do it in a way that it's not easily detected by the dudes at the rental office? Aveo plus a 75 shot would be fun. Fun, that is, until it simply goes BOOM.