Whats the used car interest rate

wnaplay1647545503

depends on credit, year of car, value, etc

my brother bought an 05 scion XA in november, he has 0 credit, dealership gave him 24% interest through toyota financial. when i heard about it, i about slapped my mom for letting him sign for that (315/mo for 72 months, on a sub 12k car with tax/title/tags). we went to my bank and i signed with him on the loan and got it down to like 8.5% for 66 months (232/mo for 66 months...a 6 month shorter loan and 85$/mo less!)

when i was searching around may when my old car got totalled, my bank gave me rates for the years they would finance...the older the car i was looking at, the higher the rate was, and the shorter the term

ie -

2002 - 10.4%, 48mo

2003 - 9.9%, 48 mo

2004 - 9.4%, 54 mo

2005 - 8.9%, 60 mo

2006 - 8.4%, 60 mo

2007 - 7.9%, 66 mo

2008+ - 7.4%, 72 mo

just examples

depends on credit, year of car, value, etc

my brother bought an 05 scion XA in november, he has 0 credit, dealership gave him 24% interest through toyota financial. when i heard about it, i about slapped my mom for letting him sign for that (315/mo for 72 months, on a sub 12k car with tax/title/tags). we went to my bank and i signed with him on the loan and got it down to like 8.5% for 66 months (232/mo for 66 months...a 6 month shorter loan and 85$/mo less!)

when i was searching around may when my old car got totalled, my bank gave me rates for the years they would finance...the older the car i was looking at, the higher the rate was, and the shorter the term

ie -

2002 - 10.4%, 48mo

2003 - 9.9%, 48 mo

2004 - 9.4%, 54 mo

2005 - 8.9%, 60 mo

2006 - 8.4%, 60 mo

2007 - 7.9%, 66 mo

2008+ - 7.4%, 72 mo

just examples

the bank i deal with 2000-2009

5.99%

year sets term length

2000= 42-48mo

2007+= 72mo.

We charge 21% interest to people that have sub 600 credit scores. But we are buy here pay here.

:eek:

Are you another one of those lots that will let someone pay almost the whole car off and then at the end of the loan say "you had 1 late payment so were taking the car back from you".

That seems to be a common shady practice of like 99.999999% of the buy here pay here scam lots that are around here.

Not saying YOU would do this too though :D

My little brother cant get a loan so he wants me to cover him on a used car. Whats the going interest rate right now? Oh yeah I am charging him interest. Thanks

If your brother cant get a loan there is a reason. You better be prepared and financially able to cover the note if you do that. My advice is two fold. If you need a loan you cant afford it anyhow. Dont ever cosign for someone, family or not!!!!!!

with my brothers, his car payment is low enough that if he drops the ball, i can cover it, and with the $ he put down, i think i KBB'd the value at about grand or two over what the loan is for, so i could probably sell without losing my ass if needed

i also made him sign an agreement stating he would refi in no more than 2 years once he got credit built up, even if his rate goes up a bit, so its not on mine for the full 6 years.