Random car opinion needed

wnaplay1647545503

Guest tbutera2112
i got my stang and shortly after buying it i wanted something else, even though i was positive i wanted this car...i bought it with a rebuilt title because i planned to keep it forever, but i couldnt sell it now if i wanted to because of the title... i decided to keep it and make it faster, but if it was clean title ide be in an fbody, just stuck with the stang so im making it work.... even if youre sure you want to keep the vette, opinions change quickly so i personally wouldnt be stuck into a car that costs that much....ide go with the c5, you will never get rid of that c6, and if you do you will lose your ass on it, especially if you put money into it first

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Salvage Title-suck

I was trying to sell a RACE CAR. And people would ask if it was a salvaged title. Hell, a lot of race cars are on salvage titles. Mine wasn't but people would still ask.

Maybe if you had the before and after pics and a full write up of everything that you did to fix the car. Maybe that would help! Not sure!

I was all set on getting a c5 found one and everything until I saw that c6. It will be double the money.

For as much as I like the C6 significantly more than the C5, it doesn't sound worth it for that C6; You'll have a salvage title, which means if the car gets totaled, you'll end up getting ripped off. It's twice the cost of the C5, and it'll take a helluva long time to fix, not to mention it will likely cost more than you're estimating to have it road worthy. On top of that, once the frame has been compromised (and the frame of that C6 has, it's never gonna be completely right again.

Buy the C5, drive it for now, and sell it a while down the road if/when you find a deal on a better C6.

1. Buy C5

2. Mod It

3. Be Happy

+1

I think it was with a C5 Z06, but there were guys who were twin-turbocharging near-stock engines, and making upwards of 700hp easily, while maintaining good reliability, on moderately conservative tunes.

C5 with a clean title. The frames on the C5/C6 are hard to get fixed correctly. If the C6 was a only a few grand, I would do it, but I believe even the salvage ones are not that cheap at this time. I would stay away from a salvage title unless it is dirt cheap.

+1

I think it was with a C5 Z06, but there were guys who were twin-turbocharging near-stock engines, and making upwards of 700hp easily, while maintaining good reliability, on moderately conservative tunes.

There is nothing conservative nor reliable about doing a TT set-up to push out 700hp on a near-stock C5 Z06 engine.

Wnaplay, my vote is for the C5.

Guest tbutera2112

buy c5, buy 2 mustangs, build this, profit

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/angelncristalspix/sn995197c5.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/angelncristalspix/sn95197c52.jpg

Why do some of you seem to think the C6s are so much faster. A few mods and there isn't much difference. Save some money and have a more unique C5. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a salvaged titled car, unless it was going to be a beater, or dedicated track car.

kill it with fire

+1.

I don't understand how anyone would "profit" from building that disgusting monster.

I second the salvage issue...a C6 salvage will be worth shit. The one thing I like about Corvettes is that they never get old. After a few years, the C6 and then C7 will come along and the C5's will seem "classic".

Even wrecked, she's still sexy as hell. can't say that about many cars....

IMO, I like the C6 by far better....but given the situation, I'd wait another year and then buy it.

When I buy my Vette it will be slightly used.