Here's what I am getting Monday...

cinergi

A hybrid BOV is fine

I don't know shit about aftermarket ECU's, no clue why its even there. Unless you plan to go crazy with mods, you probably will want to sell it and the manual boost controller, and stick a stock ECU back in since it can do pretty much everything you need.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing atmosphere conditions like in Ohio are not a good combination, car could be very lean one day and rich the next. Best to let the car decide if it can push 15lbs without knock.

I agree its bad.. also to consider is the timing tables and fuel tables for various loads is all tuned from the factory. now a mbc will provide more boost at partial throttle.

you can run a mbc on a subbie. just add wideband and tuning . not for the boy ricer with a bov and speed holes.

if thats a early 03 kissthat tranny byebyebyebye

also if it has this ECU why is it tossingcodes? the stock ecu you can turn codes off.. he is correct about the lght flywheel as i also have one.

get a vag com cablefrom ebay i will shw u thedrivers you need and use romraider and ecuexplorer to check the codes and datalogit.

do a learningview this will show you the learned values the car has stored. if it is all 0's and the iam is 8 or 12 theecu has been reset to hide something. every car will have minor fuel learning.

Another reason why MBCs are bad is because Subaru has an annoying tendency to spec out the smallest injectors they can get away with. Ideally, you want your injector duty cycles to max out at around 80%. The STI and WRX come from the factory hitting 95%+ IDCs. With an MBC, it becomes VERY easy to max out the stock injectors. At which point you go lean and end up turning your pistons into golf balls. They're ok if the car is tuned for the setting, but most ricers can't help themselvs and start turning up the boost. They don't understand that you can't always HEAR detonation. They turn the boost up to get more power and think the car is running fine, when really it's eating itself slowly.

True story:

Early summer of '08, a guy approached me asking if I owned the two subies. I said yes, and he said he used to own an '07 WRX. "But the engine blew" and he rolled his eyes as if it were a common occurance in subarus. Then he goes on to give me his MBC, and a narrow-band(!) AFR gauge that was never even hooked up!! I just kept my mouth shut...