computer question

Linc5.0

so i no longer have volume on my computer...it says that it shows no speakers hooked up...even though there is? I deleted a bunch of stuff off my comp and my have deleted something I didn't mean to. Is there something I can download to fix this?

so i no longer have volume on my computer...it says that it shows no speakers hooked up...even though there is? I deleted a bunch of stuff off my comp and my have deleted something I didn't mean to. Is there something I can download to fix this?

Who makes it? Or is it a custom build?

Have you checked the volume control slider in windows? Start program accessories entertainment "volume control". Make sure nothing is checked as Muted and make the slider go all the way up to the top.

If all fine then reinstall the drivers for your sound card, reboot computer.

Have you checked the volume control slider in windows? Start program accessories entertainment "volume control". Make sure nothing is checked as Muted and make the slider go all the way up to the top.

If all fine then reinstall the drivers for your sound card, reboot computer.

yea but it says there's not even a device there...how do i reinstall drivers?

a new hardware button popped up and says searching for audio controller?

Go through the menus clicking "Next" or "Continue", however most likely at the end it will tell you it can't install the drivers. If its a custom build and had a built in audio controller check the disks that came with the motherboard. Should have one in there for the sound card, just re-install. Either way you need to re-install the drivers. So check to see if you have a disk if not we will have to figure out the motherboard to get the driver online.

yea but it says there's not even a device there...how do i reinstall drivers?

First step is figuring out what sound card you have. Is it one built into the motherboard or is it a PCI expansion card you bought and installed? If it is on the motherboard and you know the make and model of the board go to the Maker's website. You can usually search there and find out by the motherboard what sound card it has. They also should supply drivers for you to download.

If you have no idea what you have you might want to open the case and look at it. There should be writing on it that says what type of motherboard it is. Finding if the sound card is an expansion card is easy. Look towards the bottom of the case. See the slots? Is your speaker wire hooked into one of those cards? If so thats your sound card and it should have writing on it to tell you who made it.

Let me know if that helps.