Returning this summer.....

Cordell

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For sure.

Yeah spoke too soon, tranny isn't right.

I would like to thank the people who made this car happen, Gearhead obviously he helped a lot, but Chad (starkmaster03) helped a ton to get the car ready, he gave me the keys to his truck to drive to PA and get the block, gave me his truck again to haul my shit to Gearheadz, and helped on various of steps in the assembly. Those of you that hung out while I worked on stuff made the project that much more enjoyable, so to Rob, Chad, Anthony, Wagner, Craig, and whoever else I'm missing thank you.

Now my wife gets her own paragraph, she made everything happen. Everything costs money and without her I'd have none, you guys want to know why her car has 1SGRMOM for a liscence plate? It's in my garage. I love her more then the car, even though sometimes it's hard to tell.

So why do I post shit like this? Because I'm a very greatfull, and thankful person to be surrounded by great people. This is the part of my life I want people to hear about, not just all the bullshit that goes on.

Now back on topic, I think I'm going to put a th400 in place of my failing 4l60e, and just go farther down the "my car is more of a race car" road. Seeing as how this winter I think a 9" is in the cards.

Guest Removed
Now back on topic, I think I'm going to put a th400 in place of my failing 4l60e, and just go farther down the "my car is more of a race car" road. Seeing as how this winter I think a 9" is in the cards.

you have to modifie the bellhousing some, but its very doable!

Guest Removed
How do you suppose we should modify the bellhousing? It's my understanding that 5 of the 7 bolts line up.

this is from one of the places i order trans parts from..

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/400-7Bolt-2.bmp

they use all 7 bolts.

This high performance 400 transmission comes with a Fairbanks TransAction Kit for firmer shifts and more holding force on all the clutches. The front band is replaced with an Alto Kevlar band. The stock intermediate sprag is replaced with a 34 element sprag with over twice the holding power of the stock sprag. Some of the other features are a full set of Blue Plate Special clutches, extra hard input shaft and drum and an extra hard forward clutch hub. You get your choice of a 4 inch or 9 inch tail housing. This transmission will replace your 4L60E or T56 transmission on 1998 to 2002 F-Body Camaros and Firebirds with LS1 high horse power nitrous motors. Good for motors to 1000 plus horse power.

This high performance 400 can be yours for $1649.00 without a trade-in. Add $150.00 for LS1 type bell housing bolt pattern. The freight charge to you will be $50.00 to $200.00 in most cases after the freight discount. This is a 2WD transmission, add $100.00 for 4WD case.

more info go here!

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/350_or_400_high_performance.htm

Guest Removed
this is from one of the places i order trans parts from..

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/400-7Bolt-2.bmp

they use all 7 bolts.

This high performance 400 can be yours for $1649.00 without a trade-in. Add $150.00 for LS1 type bell housing bolt pattern. The freight charge to you will be $50.00 to $200.00 in most cases after the freight discount. This is a 2WD transmission, add $100.00 for 4WD case.

more info go here!

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/350_or_400_high_performance.htm

my trans guy can also build these aswell. but i have not got to that point yet.:o

Guest Removed
I have been looking at that, but I'd rather just buy the case.

i dont think they sell just the case, but i could be wrong..and not sure what all mods are done to make it work, and converter choice and so on..best bet is to call them and pick there brain.;) i have a spare ls1 block here,find me a good turbo 400 case and i can make it happen, then you can have your trans guy build it

Guest Removed
Why bother with the other 2 bell housing bolts? They're not needed and will not affect performance/reliability of the tranny.

see that could be argued either way. i sure wouldnt want to see a bell housing crack from a lack of bolt's. but i think scott will try it with 5, and if there is a issue, then im sure he will look into modifying it.

and not to say it would happen, but a buddie of mine left his 2 top bolts out of his s-10 all the time. after i built him a better motor, he kept cracking the bell housing. then he had me make him a access panel to put the 2 tops bolts in.

ummmmm are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?! shit will break lol

Have any proof to that? We run a 632" TS car and have accidentally only ran 4 bolts before and nothing happened to it. fwiw.

As long as the dowels locate it properly and you have 5 properly torqued bolts its not going anywhere. If you crack a bell odds are there is torsional twisting going on, get an ultra-bell its cheap insurance if your cracking the bell.