What new car to get?

Trouble Maker

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the s6 is for girls. Get a biturbo rs6, v8 or v10 :)

You find me a us dealer that will take a deposit for a 09/10 RS6 and you've got yourself a deal.

I've eyeballed the Rs6 for eons, but In the end, I'd rather have an in-warranty 450hp+ sedan that I don't have to change the timing belt on every 35K miles and take out the engine for every little thing.

Maybe I'll replace the S8 with an RS6 some day, but for a daily the C6 S6 is better suited.

You find me a us dealer that will take a deposit for a 09/10 RS6 and you've got yourself a deal.

I've eyeballed the Rs6 for eons, but In the end, I'd rather have an in-warranty 450hp+ sedan that I don't have to change the timing belt on every 35K miles and take out the engine for every little thing.

Maybe I'll replace the S8 with an RS6 some day, but for a daily the C6 S6 is better suited.

Big X2. The C5 RS6 is cool, but in the end it is an old car. It looks old on the inside, is MEGA expensive to drive daily etc.

I would much rather have the C6 S6. In recent memory, the US spec Audi's that I like the most are in this order:

1. B7 RS4

2. C6 S6

3. B7 S4

4. B6 S4 (Nogaro)

5. D3 S8

6. B5 S4

7. B7 A4

8. C5 RS6

Of course the order would be different if I had to pay for them, or repair them lol.

Edit for change in order and counting is too hard.

Big X2. The C5 RS6 is cool, but in the end it is an old car. It looks old on the inside, is MEGA expensive to drive daily etc.

I would much rather have the C6 S6. In recent memory, the US spec Audi's that I like the most are in this order:

1. B7 RS4

2. C6 S6

3. B7 S4

4. B6 S4 (Nogaro)

5. D3 S8

6. B5 S4

7. B7 A4

8. C5 RS6

Of course the order would be different if I had to pay for them, or repair them lol.

Edit for change in order and counting is too hard.

My list would be the following no matter how much money I have or do not have.

1. R8

2. RS6 Biturbo V10

2. B7 RS4

3. B5 S4

4. RS6 Biturbo V8 (its below the b5 s4 because automatic only = fail)

5. B7/B6 S4

Oh and if the TT-RS is indeed going to be a biturbo...it will be very high on that list

enough threadjacking though geez

My list would be the following no matter how much money I have or do not have.

1. R8

2. RS6 Biturbo V10

2. B7 RS4

3. B5 S4

4. RS6 Biturbo V8 (its below the b5 s4 because automatic only = fail)

5. B7/B6 S4

Oh and if the TT-RS is indeed going to be a biturbo...it will be very high on that list

enough threadjacking though geez

Yeah I forgot about the R8, and I would put it at #1 as well. The C6 RS6 would also be above the C6 S6...........

But yeah, more about Fits and Rabbits lol

a mazda 3 fits bikes pretty well, and look better IMO...the hatch version..

Poor choice. If you're not going to autoX the car go with the Fit. This car is not a MPG machine. Especially with the auto 2.3 in the city. The manual trans. has shorter (* read: faster) 3rd, 4th and 5th gears so on the freeway it's at just under 3k rpm.

However, this car is a blast to drive! If you're decent on the gas pedal you should see around 30mpg. That's what I get with a li'l effort, all city.

I believe they tested the Fit on Fifth Gear last week. Not this past Sunday, Sunday before. The one who tested it (can't remember his name) seemed to really like it. THey also did a comparo with a couple other cars on Top Gear (UK) mmm, may've been a couple seasons ago. Actually, I think they're currently playing that season on BBC America.

I've only driven one Fit so far and it was a customer who came in complaining of tire noise.. After a test drive and short inspection I determined the car was simply an econobox POS. sure they get great mpg but I guess if i got one it'd have a roll cage and a loud ass stereo to get over all that road noise. I've road in quieter early 90's GM cars.

The Speed3 is a blast to drive! If you're decent on the gas pedal you should see around 27mpg highway. All City = 20mpg

Adapted to "fit" my recommendation :D Not an mpg machine but it's a lot of go-fast-fun in a pretty cost effective package.

sounds like he's in the market for a vw bus or some other kind of minivan

Mini-van would take away my man card. Nothing wrong with that if it's what you need, but you better have 3 kids and 2 big dogs to transport. We have an Odyssey at work and it's about the most boring vehicle I've ever driven. The car doesn't have to be a beast in any area as this is something for transportation that makes sense for what I use a car for. But it doesn't make any sense for it to be boring either. A mini-van would be extreme overkill for what I use a car for. And they are relatively expensive, and don't get that good of gas mileage because of their size. I think you missed most of the points of what I was looking for in a car.

Oh, in case anyone was wondering why I'm that worried about gas mileage, I drive 37 miles one way to work.

The Mazda 3 is an ok compassion, I will probably go drive one just for due diligence sake. I can't compare the interior or ride since I've never drive one. But I think on versatility of interior the Fit wins out. Also gets significantly worse gas mileage, but I'm sure has a bit more pickup because of it.

The Mazda 3 is an ok compassion, I will probably go drive one just for due diligence sake. I can't compare the interior or ride since I've never drive one. But I think on versatility of interior the Fit wins out. Also gets significantly worse gas mileage, but I'm sure has a bit more pickup because of it.

Do you need the car now? The new 3 is due out later this year and it's sharp....IMO. The interior has been updated considerably too. Same motors though. I've got a really cool friend at Byers Mazda if you need to talk with someone who will be professional and honest with you. Got me a steal of a deal on my Speed.

Do you need the car now? The new 3 is due out later this year and it's sharp....IMO. The interior has been updated considerably too. Same motors though. I've got a really cool friend at Byers Mazda if you need to talk with someone who will be professional and honest with you. Got me a steal of a deal on my Speed.

Don't need one now, but if I get one it will probably be in the next month or two. Don't want to wait until later this year for sure.

Got my s4 through Byers, definitely a mixed experience but enough happened on the negative side that I don't think I will go back.

I've only driven one Fit so far and it was a customer who came in complaining of tire noise.. After a test drive and short inspection I determined the car was simply an econobox POS. sure they get great mpg but I guess if i got one it'd have a roll cage and a loud ass stereo to get over all that road noise. I've road in quieter early 90's GM cars.

09's the major model change and it's much better in that regard. I have no delusions about the ride quality, it is an econobox, but it is much better than the 08's and before.

Poor choice. If you're not going to autoX the car go with the Fit. This car is not a MPG machine. Especially with the auto 2.3 in the city. The manual trans. has shorter (* read: faster) 3rd, 4th and 5th gears so on the freeway it's at just under 3k rpm.

However, this car is a blast to drive! If you're decent on the gas pedal you should see around 30mpg. That's what I get with a li'l effort, all city.

sounds like he's in the market for a vw bus or some other kind of minivan

kind of why i recommended it... a friend of mine has got one and loves it, and it is a fun car to drive... might as well drive a fun car if at all possible....

and why does it automatically have to be autox'd? the hatch would be pretty piss poor at it :confused:

Got my s4 through Byers, definitely a mixed experience but enough happened on the negative side that I don't think I will go back.

Byers East side = East Side /nuff said.

Byers Mazda...ask for Jon Haskins, (614) 923-4507. He's cool. He'll know who I am if you just Tim with the White Speed3 ;)

A4 estate... can haul plenty of people, kids, toys, is AWD, and gets great MPG... not as big as the Mercedes, Bimmer or the Volvo, but its way bigger than the FIT.

Its an A4 Avant, and they are bigger than anything in their class from Mercedes, BMW and Volvo on the inside. The Volvo's might have a bit more space directly behind the hatch glass because of their almost vertical rear. The Audi's is more sloping and much better looking.

The Volvo V50/V70 is a great choice as well as the A4 avant. However much more expensive than the cars he was interested in.

12-15k........