Panda Inn Bethel Road F*ck the F*cking F*ckers

ohmr95b

Don't go to this place if you don't want to be strong armed! My girlfriend and I went to this Panda Inn last night for dinner and were horribly treated. We sat down and were never asked for a drink order. We then ordered and when the food came out, the waiter brought me white rice instead of fried. The food tasted OK, better than most Chinese fast food, but not as good as a Hunan House. Because of the mediocre service and food, I left what I thought was a generous tip of 10%. As we got up to leave, the waiter came over to our table and told me that I needed to leave more of a tip, that 15% was standard. I asked to see a manger and tried not to disrupt the other patrons. I took the manager to the side and explained myself to him. Instead of agreeing that the behavior was unacceptable, the manager AGREED that I should have left more of a tip. I politely but firmly explained that tips are not required, that I would not change my tip amount, and that I would never return to that resturant again. Save yourself the trouble of being harassed and head to Hunan Lion just up Bethel instead of this place. WTF is up with people today? Does no one care that tips are supposed to be earned, not given? Edited by ohmr95b
Cuze I cant spel

So what they messed up the rice, big deal. Maybe the waiter was busy with other shit and forgot your drinks.. they're only human. I always tip really well, 15% if they're absolutely terrible.

The OP is right though. Tips arent neccessarily required or just expected. Im usually really generous even with average service but if you reward bad behavior then it will just breed more bad behavior. So you give this asshole 15%, the next customer comes in and he acts even more like a prick and expects to be rewarded? fuck that.

Oh and I expect my server to make an occassional mistake, thats cool. But at the very least apologize and make it right.

So what they messed up the rice, big deal. Maybe the waiter was busy with other shit and forgot your drinks.. they're only human. I always tip really well, 15% if they're absolutely terrible.

What??

So have you been a waiter before or is it someone close to you? Sure they could have had a bad day, no one is justifying kicking them in the shin. The point is tips should be earned.

gratuity

A favor or gift, usually in the form of money, given in return for service.

Shitty service, shitty gratuity.

I always leave some sort of tip, but if I get shitty service it's usually not 15%. On the other hand if the service is great I have left 25%+

Personally, I've gone times where I've left no tip because I did not get good service. If you are a good waiter/ waitress, I'll give you an good tip. 20-25%, or more depending on the occasion/ place/ bill.

Waiters don't have it easy, and it's not a job that everyone can do.

One thing I hate is not tips when I deliver pizza. 99% of the time I'm always early on your delivery, and people still don't give a tip. I'm bringing food to your house!

To me tips are to be earned, not to be expected. If you can't be bothered to do your job, I don't feel obligated to help pay your salary.

I even let it slide when it's possibly the Kitchen's fault and not the server, but if a server wants to do their job about as well as the usual fast food fuckers that would rather lean and mope around than do their job - they'll be tipped accordingly. I worked in food service for a couple of years, I don't see why it's so uncommon to see people at least pretend they're trying to do their job nowadays. At least put on a good face and call me names when I can't hear you.

I went to the Panda House (?) a few weeks back on Polaris and had pretty poor service, much like what you describe, but wasn't called out on my less than 10% tip at least.

Wow. I would have gotten back up and took the tip back if that's how I was approched. Actually I probably would have took all my money and just left. I'm in no way a dick, but if you give me shitty service, you're going to get nothing.

To me tips are to be earned, not to be expected. If you can't be bothered to do your job, I don't feel obligated to help pay your salary.

I even let it slide when it's possibly the Kitchen's fault and not the server, but if a server wants to do their job about as well as the usual fast food fuckers that would rather lean and mope around than do their job - they'll be tipped accordingly. I worked in food service for a couple of years, I don't see why it's so uncommon to see people at least pretend they're trying to do their job nowadays. At least put on a good face and call me names when I can't hear you.

I went to the Panda House (?) a few weeks back on Polaris and had pretty poor service, much like what you describe, but wasn't called out on my less than 10% tip at least.

I completely agree. My gf will want to tip no matter what. I say, fuck that, you want a tip, you earn it. I'm almost tempted to go eat at this place just to see if I get the same shitty service and the attempted strong arming. I need a good reason to let someone have it.

For the manager to know he was going to leave a crap tip, and go check the amount right after they got up to leave, leads me to believe there's more to the story..

The manager didn't check the bill, the waiter brought it back to our table and told me that I had to leave more of a tip. I involved the manager.

I would say that I am one of the easiest customers to deal with, having worked as both a pizza delivery guy and in a hotel bar/resturant I know how shitty of a job it is. I will not, however, give a tip that is not earned. I generally tip 20-25% if the service is good, and every error drops that down. I just find it appaling that people now EXPECT tips instead of seeing them as a reward for jobs well done. But, to each his own, amount/tipping at all is a personal decision.

I generally start at 20% and begin going up or down points based on effort. No one has gotten down to 0%, but I know the 5% tip is just as insulting. I waited tables when I was 19, and I can honestly say that there were occasions when my service may not have been its best, but even on my worst days I tried to brush it off so my customers wouldn't stiff me, thus making my day worse.

Oh, and asking for more of a tip should be glove-slap worthy.

I can honestly say that there were occasions when my service may not have been its best, but even on my worst days I tried to brush it off so my customers wouldn't stiff me, thus making my day worse.

This is how I was when working at a McDonald's back in the day. Maybe it's just that I'm old, but I rarely see anyone at McDonald's (and similar places) that even pretends to be half-interested in doing any work. Most of them can't even bring themselves to talk with any effort, or even at times openly bitching about having to be there.

Maybe I was just the McShit and didn't know it. :confused:

LOL if I got the manager involved and he didn't even reason with me I would of took all my cash and left.

Managers are supposed to help resolve an issue. Just saying you need to pay more for a tip is not helping the issue. I wasn't there so I don't know if you were being mean or whatever... but it sounds like the manager just escalated the problem.

Most places I have been to a tip is required if there are 8 or more people in your party. Only having 2 people does not mean you must pay any tip.