Any Thoughts/Comments on Honda S2000???

Rustlestiltskin

Now that I'll prolly have my car sold within the next couple weeks hopefully I've been wondering about couple diferent cars, honda s2000 being one of them. Whats ur guys take on them? Have any of you had any experience with them or have owned one? Any pros/cons I should know about?

Any help/comments are greatly appreciated as always guys.

thanks in advance

Paul:cool:

Phenomenal handling car. Few cars handle as good and drive the way those cars do, you feel everything that's going on with the car, though for some that could be a negative. Hope your not over 6ft tall though, it's a cramped drive for me.

Very reliable cars as well, my buddies has close to 14k miles most of which are track usage and the car runs great and has no issues except the front rotor had turned blue from the brake pads we used on it.

Go drive one, you'll love it.

+2 on them being small, test drove one with a buddy a while back and I'm 6'1"...

Also, being an RX-8 owner, you probably don't have a problem with high-rpm power and absence of low-end torque. They're similar in that respect as well.

I don't see why you would sell an RX-8 and buy an S2000. the RX-8 is identical in nearly every respect (handling, power, power curve, etc.), yet its more practical. You're going to get rid of a fun to drive, relatively slow, high revving amazing handling car to get another fun to drive, relatively slow, high revving, amazing handling car, except this time you have two less seats, less trunk, and no roof. maybe someone can point out some more differences between the two but to me they've always been damn near identical.

I don't see why you would sell an RX-8 and buy an S2000. the RX-8 is identical in nearly every respect (handling, power, power curve, etc.), yet its more practical. You're going to get rid of a fun to drive, relatively slow, high revving amazing handling car to get another fun to drive, relatively slow, high revving, amazing handling car, except this time you have two less seats, less trunk, and no roof. maybe someone can point out some more differences between the two but to me they've always been damn near identical.

Gas mileage in the rx8 is brutal. I'm talking below 20mpg any way you look at it. it fuckin sucks.

Oh and one more thing to add on the RX8 is that they dont hold value well and I dont want a car thats worth barely nothing after only owning it for a year or 2 hence the reason why i'm tryin to unload it while it has reletively low miles and such

I've also have always been in love with Infinity G35's so i'm looking at them also

Its great time to buy an s2000, prices have came down tremendously along with other cars too I guess. check out s2ki.com if you havn't already. You can find a relatively low millage ones for 16-19k

Driving wise, this car is so much fun to drive. Every time I took it out on a test drive I had a smile on my face.

Watch out for whiny transmission.

Try to stay away from 00-01 as the plastic on the soft top gets very foggy if it hasn't been maintained well.

watch out for high insurance cost... I got quoted around mid $200, which turned me off to the car

• Upvote 1

Get an LS1. I drove my uncle's s2k and it was a snorefest with Civic-like low-end torque and the interior looked built from duplo blocks. Yeah wow it can turn well. My car can turn well on city streets too. Look, I turn the wheel and the car turns omg. Unless it's going to be an autocross-only car who cares if it can turn on a dime. You're still slow, paid too much for car with no balls, and have to beat the piss out of it to keep up with traffic.

your too use to being in a svx and honda you think a stock auto ls1 is the greatest thing on earth. No offense but not everyone jumps on trends. Yes we all know the ls1 is a great engine blah blah blah blah I mean shit everyone and there mom has one swapped into somthing. But Whats wrong that he wants a s2000 ,they are great cars so is the g35 they will both out re sale any gm car and they are fun in every way.

Then someone is going to bring up on the whole well if you turbo it blah blah blah, I mean what about the sk2's on this site with 600hp? But then again someone is going to say well if you just would of put that in a LS! blah blah blah shit is old.

You say the ls1 is so mighty them how come there are so many slow ones on this site? We all know who the fast ones are..........