Stay Away From This Dealer and This Car

wagner

I found this car on AutoTrader and at the time it was for sale for $6,900

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=246660488&dealer_id=75122&car_year=2000&rdm=1235009023080&model=CAM&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2000&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=75&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=72727&showZipError=n&make=CHEV&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=6000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=43228&advanced=&end_year=2000&doors=&transmission=&max_price=10000&cardist=63&standard=false

I talked to the sales guy on the phone told me no body work not issues with the car. My dad took the car for a spin and well the car seemed to check out just needed a front end alignment and it was good to go. Ran a carfax and it said it was run off the road minor damage ( for those keeping score that is 2 lies from the dealer).

I picked up the car and it really need an alignment and a little paint on the front bumper cover where it was spider webbed. It ran great nothing really noticeable from the driveline so we thought it was a great deal sans the front end issue.

So I had already ordered some parts for this car and was ready to get this car ready for the track.

The car goes to NTB downtown to derrick and the crew so it would be ready to go for some daily driving. I get a phone call from Derrick asking if the car was "hit by a semi". He explained to me how far out the rear end was and that the frame was tweaked. At this point I am ready to kill.

Call the dealer fist d-bag on the phone tries to blow me off and says NTB is a joke and don't know what they are talking about. Their dealership could not promise the work that was done before they got the car. The funny thing is that they were the ones on the car fax that put the new tie-rod on the front.

At this point I explain to them what the deal was and what the options were:

1. Fix the car and make it right

2. Give me the money back and I go away

3. Face the wrath of my flesh eating lawyer

They opted to give me the money and call it square. Well guess what car is back on-line for sale at a higher price? Come to find out this dealer is pretty well known for being shady.

Long story shot stay VERY far away from this car and the dealer and Derrick at NTB rocks.

I'm 99% that's same dealership that had a Cherokee Country listed on Auto Trader at a decent price (back when I was in the market). I called before I drove 50 miles each way with some very basic questions - overall condition, tires, does the rear main leak, how's the steering, etc. The guy sounded pretty legit because he said he hadn't really checked it out but he'd find out and call me back.

Anyway, he calls back and says it drives great and there's no leaks or anything at all wrong with it. I drove all the way up there to find that it's pretty beat looking in person, appears to have been in a minor rear collision, the tailgate has what appears to be a patch over a giant hole and does not open, main seal leaks heavily, only 2 speakers work and various other blatant issues. This thing wasn't worth half what they were asking and I told the guy I wasn't real happy about driving up there to look at a lemon and left.

this is why you should take it to someone to check out BEFORE you buy the car, not after.

Well in hindsight yes we should have done that BEFORE but the car seemed to be very solid. I guess it was blind faith in a carfax and that a dealer would not be that shady on a newer car.

I am also going to be posting this on ripoffreport.com

Well in hindsight yes we should have done that BEFORE but the car seemed to be very solid. I guess it was blind faith in a carfax and that a dealer would not be that shady on a newer car.

I am also going to be posting this on ripoffreport.com

Glad everything worked out in the end.

However, you call a 9 year old Camaro a "newer" car?

I dont know man... I feel your pain... Like it was said above, you should have checked the car before you bought it... You signed a legal binding contract for a purchase of a vehicle in used AS-IS condition. Also there is a document that is called a DUE BILL... If this document is empty, the stealership does not have to fix anything on the car... With that being said, they dont have to give your money back or fix the car... You can sue the crap out of them and see where that takes you... It's bad when people are not honest with you and tell you what the car needs... There have been times where I have told a person that I was buying a vehicle from to tell me what is wrong with the car so I know to fix it as soon as I bought it from him and they tell you the good ole "it's perfect, like new" to later find out it needs a bunch of things... Sorry to hear this man... I hope you get it resolved...

I got the money back from them no issues. The lessoned I learned from this are huge. Carfax is not to be trusted and it has made me even more jaded towards stealerships.

My dad went and looked at a TA last night from a private seller. Turns out this guy has sitting in his man cave a Super Stock and a Stock class camaro. Dad had him throw the car up on the lift and gave it a full body cavity search.

I think this one might check out so we shall see.

Carfax is a joke. People use it to be comfortable with what they buy. I must say a long time ago when carfax just came around I used it. Then I realized after working in a bodyshop and now owning my own, carfax is half truth.

When someone asks why I say that.

When you bring your car to me and I fix it, or when you buy a car from any of the dealerships I do work for it wont come up. As with many repairs that have been done to the vehicle.

From a previous thread...

wow glad to see you got your money back. just so you technical guys have an idea the rear of the car was nonadjustable, of course, and rear toe was at

LR -1.61* RR +1.45*

but we dont knows jack about alignments.. I oughta call your fucking salesman and give him some shit about NTB being a joke and they're selling cars like this.

Nice meeting ya BTW glad it worked out..kinda

wow glad to see you got your money back. just so you technical guys have an idea the rear of the car was nonadjustable, of course, and rear toe was at

LR -1.61* RR +1.45*

but we dont knows jack about alignments.. I oughta call your fucking salesman and give him some shit about NTB being a joke and they're selling cars like this.

Nice meeting ya BTW glad it worked out..kinda

Thank you again so much! My father also sends his thanks for saving us a big hastle. My buddy called and talked to them and they are still acting like this car is perfect.

I also keep hearing about how bad this dealership is and I think there should be a sticky warning people about bad dealerships.

If all goes well I should have my new ride next week.