Dyno Day April 11 @ Noon

DTM Brian

I don't think it will be on the dyno. Still have about 450 miles of break in for the clutch and transmission. Stupid alternator went bad about 25 miles after I finished putting everything back together. Put that in today and it seems to be working now. Damn things are expensive and only one place in town had it in stock. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else goes on it. I have a feeling that the half shafts are next. This clutch has a nice chatter if you try and ease it out. That gives a nice shock to the rear end and I hope it doesn't decide to spit one out. The old pressure plate felt like a grooved rotor. Weird thing is that it still held up at the track.

If you're pullied, try putting an underdrive alternator pulley on.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're pullied, try putting an underdrive alternator pulley on.

It has a 2.93 upper on it. I'm not planning on taking the alternator off again anytime soon, but if this one goes I'll be trying that out. Lifetime warranty Auto Zone starters make me not have to worry about paying for another one again. Hopefully it lasts for a little while.

What clutch did you go with? Mine's chatty too but I ditched my IRS last week.

I put the SPEC 3 in it. I can't really give too much feedback on it, since I have only driven about 50 miles on it. I just know that on gravel it shakes like crazy. Trying to be really easy on it makes it chatter like crazy. I just didn't think that my friend wanted me to spray his cars with gravel. It isn't too bad when you slip it out a little harder, but I'll have to wait and see how it works at the track before I decide if I like it or not.