Mobil 1 Synthetic Sale

DKilbourne

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here it is. Advance Auto is having a sale on Mobil 1 synthetic right now. The regular price on this is now $7.70/qt. The deal is for 5 quarts and a mobil 1 filter for $29.99. The filters are $10.99/each usually. This is a good deal for those who use this oil. I think the sale lasts until March 25th, so it will be around for a few more weeks. Hopefully this isn't a repost.

if it is for the daily driver, most shops are charging 15-20 on sale for oil changes now. i know it sounds crazy, but it is cheaper to take it somewhere now. cars that i care about i still do myself.

tom

What kind of oil are you getting for that price? Only reason I change my own is so that I can put trustworthy synthetic in...

Guest Removed
What kind of oil are you getting for that price? Only reason I change my own is so that I can put trustworthy synthetic in...

I like most places charge $10 if you provide your own product.

+1. I gave up doing my own oil changes long ago because it never fails that I make some stupid mess that I spend an hour cleaning up. It's about the only thing I won't do on my own.

same here even more so in the winter months since I don't have a heated garage I have no problem paying a shop/someone to have it done

quit using it in my performance cars when they reformulated to be more environmentally friendly. Suppose I could stock up on oil for the Audi though.

:(

What weight were you using? IIRC, 0W40 didn't really change like the other 5W/10W did.

Does anyone need a couple of filters? I am going to get 4 free filters when I go, and they don't carry VW filters. I tried this once about a year ago and got - rep for it.......

Thanks for the heads up on the sale.

What weight were you using? IIRC, 0W40 didn't really change like the other 5W/10W did.

Correct the 0W-40 changed the least...but it still changed none the less. That's what I'm using int he A4 now. I was using 5w-30. That car never gets beat on so I didn't change to Redline like I did for the others.

Correct the 0W-40 changed the least...but it still changed none the less. That's what I'm using int he A4 now. I was using 5w-30. That car never gets beat on so I didn't change to Redline like I did for the others.

Ahh. :cool:

The 0W40 seems to hold up well to the 2.0T thus far.

Does anyone need a couple of filters? I am going to get 4 free filters when I go, and they don't carry VW filters. I tried this once about a year ago and got - rep for it.......

Thanks for the heads up on the sale.

FWIW,

Buyers usually has 0W40 in stock cheaper than anywhere else. Usually around $5.60 - $5.75/q.

Ahh. :cool:

The 0W40 seems to hold up well to the 2.0T thus far.

Agreed. It's probably still more than adequate for my car's daily driver / never beat on status.

I'll see if I can dig up a thread somewhere where guys were adding (on a suggestion from an oil analysis company) a small amount of GM assembly lube to their oil to replace the ZDDP content that was pulled in the reformulation.

Agreed. It's probably still more than adequate for my car's daily driver / never beat on status.

I'll see if I can dig up a thread somewhere where guys were adding (on a suggestion from an oil analysis company) a small amount of GM assembly lube to their oil to replace the ZDDP content that was pulled in the reformulation.

I am googling that info as we speak.

Also found this:

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Files/Mobil_1_Product_Guide.pdf

0W40 has what is thought to be the required "mininum" amount of ZDDP you want 1000ppm vs the others like you previously noted. I guess a nother 200-300ppm wouldn't hurt though. ;)

quit using it in my performance cars when they reformulated to be more environmentally friendly. Suppose I could stock up on oil for the Audi though.

:(

Amsoil for me.. Once I was enlightened that Mobil 1 isn't even a real full synthetic I stopped using it.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but here it is. Advance Auto is having a sale on Mobil 1 synthetic right now. The regular price on this is now $7.70/qt. The deal is for 5 quarts and a mobil 1 filter for $29.99. The filters are $10.99/each usually. This is a good deal for those who use this oil. I think the sale lasts until March 25th, so it will be around for a few more weeks. Hopefully this isn't a repost.

does this sale include the synthetic 15w50 weight?