Dublin Theft Alert

TheHaze

My quote from Crown Chrysler Jeep was ~$5000 for two doors, all the hardware and interior panel and paint. :eek:

Apparently, fully-assembled and painted doors are no longer distributed and all parts must be ordered separately.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the factory doors not have locks or just crappy ones? How are they stealing them exactly? Sorry for the stupid questions I am jut not familiar with them. I wanted to tell my friend who has a Jeep but wanted all the info.

My quote from Crown Chrysler Jeep was ~$5000 for two doors, all the hardware and interior panel and paint. :eek:

Apparently, fully-assembled and painted doors are no longer distributed and all parts must be ordered separately.

Pay deductable

get check

buy 500 dollar doors off quadratec or jeepforums.com

spend 4500 on blow and hookers

profit?

The Doors have external hinges. Two 13mm nuts each door to get the hinges free. Soft top rear windows are secured by velcro and a zipper. Even if you lock the doors a retard can get them unlocked and off in less than a minute. If they can be sold for 20% of the 5 grand he was quoted, its quite lucrative to a thief. If you have a hard top, it is trivial to pop a rear lock and not damage the other doors. Wranglers have no security whatsoever.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Unless there's some sort of black-market for spare tires.

They are usually full size spares they get and do that to 4 trucks and you have a complete set that has never even touched the ground.They took the one off my neighbors H3 while he was in Bob Evans eating!

They are usually full size spares they get and do that to 4 trucks and you have a complete set that has never even touched the ground.They took the one off my neighbors H3 while he was in Bob Evans eating!

Guess that makes some sense if you steal the full-size ones, but don't most cars come with the space-saver ones (i.e. smaller) with the bigger ones optional?

Just seems like a really odd thing to steal. I guess if you got a flat on your Hummer, just steal your neighbor's spare then. :lol:

Lets see. It was a full size 17" spare. Check the price on those and then come back and talk about stupid shit you've heard about.

Figured it was a space-saver they stole. No need to get your panties in a bunch about it.

Thats what we get for figuring and even if it was a space saver it would have still been fucked up that it got stolen.

Stupid or not...

I know it's fucked up, don't get me wrong on that aspect. Stealing is stealing no matter what it is. You just don't hear about theives going to great lengths to steal a spare tires out of someone's trunk when they usually take things like stereos, tools, etc.

Wow, so is insurance going to cut you a check for that? Depending on your jeep it seems like that kind of cost could total a car...if not, congrats :).

Wow, so is insurance going to cut you a check for that? Depending on your jeep it seems like that kind of cost could total a car...if not, congrats :).

I wish. I highly doubt they would throw that kind of money at something like this. For now, the adjuster is coming out to my house on Thursday to "assess the situation". I mean, come on, there's either doors or no doors on the Jeep; what exactly are they "assessing"? :rolleyes:

They gave me a Mazda6 rental. It's actually kinda fun. :cool:

I mean, come on, there's either doors or no doors on the Jeep; what exactly are they "assessing"? :rolleyes:

aka....feel you out to see if there two doors hidden in your garage :) I had the same thing when I had four tires slashed once. he actually measured the tread left on them to see if I was trying to scam a set from them. :rolleyes:

aka....feel you out to see if there two doors hidden in your garage :) I had the same thing when I had four tires slashed once. he actually measured the tread left on them to see if I was trying to scam a set from them. :rolleyes:

That's what I figured they were doing. Hopefully the adjuster is hot, though. :D