TTX GP Electric Race Bike

ReconRat

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2009/01/an-electric-mot.html

approx production target of zero to 60 in 3.8 seconds, and 135 mph

picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=1367

The sad part will be the total silence as it races.

Unless of course, playing cards are used to let the spokes go "drrrrrrrrrrrr".

The article says that maybe 40 teams will race (TTXGP) electrics and maybe some hydrogen bikes at the end of the Isle of Mann TT this year.

quiet bike?

meh..

i couldn't imagine riding that on the street.

i think the only reason some people don't hit me is because they can hear me coming a few blocks away.

Yeah, electrics sneak up on you on the street and parking lots. Creeps me out. Keep fingers crossed for decent hydrogen bikes.

Good post. I'll believe it when I see it though. Economical power to weight for a motorcycle still hasn't eclipsed the internal combustion engine.

This will probably never be a street bike. It's a race bike only. Hydrogen for potential street bikes. It's the only way. Electric, like this one, is only capable of short term high energy output. Electrics race very well, for the shorter distances.

This bike only weighs 364 pounds claimed, approx 54hp equivalent. But it only gets 20 to 40 miles range. I could ride it back and forth to work, but that's all. Too expensive for that.