Auto Shows: Raise your hand...

zeitgeist57

I had an auto....once. Didn't last long to say the least, I got so bored in the car. It's unfortunate that there is a group of people that have to ruin something for another group of people.

It's the people that throw shit all over the inside of their car aka food, don't clean the inside ever and I have to ask the question at work "How can you stand driving this?"

Guest tbutera2112
I don't mind traffic with a stick, clutch work is like breathing, I don't even notice it.

+1...i dont even notice the clutch when im driving anymore, and ive only driven stick for like a year and a half

and idk why people say you cant talk on the phone and eat or whatever in a stick car... it takes like .5 seconds to switch gears...when youre crusing on the freeway you dont have to shift, and if youre downtown or something, put your phone on your shoulder and put your head against it, or hold phone with left hand, let go of wheel, shift, grab wheel again... its not that hard people.... i mean, you cant autocross and talk on the phone that easy...but you get the point

my stang is stick (until the BB swap, but only going auto because a stick is $$$)

my truck is auto

i wish the truck was stick :( lol it would be much more fun

Thank you, Joneze. I knew there would be two types of comments to this thread:

1) "Waah...my left foot is tired from all the horrible Ohio traffic...waaaah!!!

2) Autos are better, and the auto companies know Americans are fat and lazy...

Both are just really lame excuses...

I'm also getting something big, slow, and warrantied so I can haul said atv around. May as well throw an auto in there. I'm getting old, time for something I don't hate driving 80 miles a day in.

Thank the EPA and the NHTSC, plus the need to one-up the next manufacturer. It's all about getting better mileage while weighing more and more. Used to be that manuals got better mileage because of less slippage. But Automatics have become more efficient, and the new automated manuals are even more so. You're going to see Auto-Manuals more and more.

Is your car the one I see off of 33 all the time the past few weeks?

Is your car the one I see off of 33 all the time the past few weeks?

The one in my sig? Yup. Got a new job driving for Advance there.

I'm driving it to work now, but I'll be driving an old corolla to/from work when I get its clutch fixed.