This is what I work on everyday.

Doug1647545489

This is the new FR9 Ford engine on my Spintron test fixture. I designed part of the valve train and have been spending countless hours recording and analysing data from it to design the next generation of parts for it.

It should hit the track in the fall.

The pictures are from a recent magazine article. The first is my test cell and the second is just a complete motor in one of the assemblers area. I'm really surprised they released a photo of it on my spintron, but it's what you can't see that makes these motors special. ~900 hp from 358 cubes and old ass pushrod technology.

Yes Nascar sucks, but the engines are pretty sophisticated pieces.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj114/powertvmedia/P1040475-1.jpg

http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/uploads/09fordbc0015_01.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj114/powertvmedia/P1040503-1.jpg

Guest Removed

same old school blocks?or did they have to make one for the heads?

just what ford needs to start beating on the yotas, then gm will start crying foul..lmao

howd you get this job doug? what all schooling did you have to prepare you for this kind of work? Is it quite rewarding for you? I know I'd be taking full advantage of what I am learning there and apply it to my own car in terms of knowledge.

Building a large network of contacts in and out of school, working my ass off, past work experience. It's very rewarding. Daytona 500 rings come in this month :) I hope to add many more in the future.

What I do at work is very different than what you would do on a street car. Kinda like if you flew a F-18 as your day job and owned a Cessna 182 for your personal pleasure.

same old school blocks?or did they have to make one for the heads?

just what ford needs to start beating on the yotas, then gm will start crying foul..lmao

New block and heads.

It's kinda funny that our current engine which is very old compared to everything else, is still very competitive.

Guest Removed

what all changes where made in the blocks? this is good news. it just means when they take all the yates heads out, and replace them with these, you'll see more old nascar stuff in some street racers cars...

i used to have a yates headed sb, nasty little bastard too. thanks to some used nascar heads, intake and block. at the time i couldnt find a dommy intake for them.

what all changes where made in the blocks? this is good news. it just means when they take all the yates heads out, and replace them with these, you'll see more old nascar stuff in some street racers cars...

i used to have a yates headed sb, nasty little bastard too. thanks to some used nascar heads, intake and block. at the time i couldnt find a dommy intake for them.

The big change is the bore spacing.

Our nationwide/truck program will continue to use our old engine/heads so it will be a while before you see a huge increase in used heads available.

Aside from regulations, why the hell haven't they moved away from carbs?

No other reason other than the regulations. We've built F/I versions of our cup engine for other projects. We ain't skerd.

The people who run Nascar live in the past. If they can't measure something with calipers and a micrometer they want nothing to do with it.

No other reason other than the regulations. We've built F/I versions of our cup engine for other projects. We ain't skerd.

The people who run Nascar live in the past. If they can't measure something with calipers and a micrometer they want nothing to do with it.

I guess I can relate, to a point.. I converted my old AE86 to side-draft webers from FI.

BUT, I can say that motor is pretty sweet looking. I have always been really interested in doing a dry-sump on a really nice build but it's $$$$$.