Some of you need this:

Draco-REX

Paint really won't do much since the primary method of cooling is forced convection.

You could argue that a thick enough coat of paint could add to the contact resistance between the the air (media) and core (substrate). In a real world test, I would bet that if you avoided thick layer of any paint -- you wouldn't see any huge differences.

Oddly enough, painting it black may increase radial energy and actually aid in cooling, again, probably not much.

Ok, science is science, but if people are painting their intercoolers and that is it and they are looking at SOLID FACTUAL NUMBERS and they are 20* cooler it must be doing something.

As for the rest of you I thought I was a ricer.....geeez. Why advertise? I suppose if it is a car normally associated with a forced induction sure, don't paint it. But if you have a Supra, or MR2 where most are NOT turbo, or half are not turbo and people ask you if it is a turbo why not paint it?

Ok, science is science, but if people are painting their intercoolers and that is it and they are looking at SOLID FACTUAL NUMBERS and they are 20* cooler it must be doing something.

Solid, factual numbers? Like the results from this test? Wideband Shootout

Bending numbers with science is funnnnnnn!