Fucking COBRA FUCKING FAILURE

dover

I slept through today, didn't bother going over to the garage, Hal, Kurt, and Dustin and possibly Shanton are coming over tomorrow at some point to dip into it. It's a little bit different wanting to quit when you have no money in your project and than when you have everything from the last two years in it. I just pissed away my deployment money. It's a little harder to cope with that than the norm. It will be fixed and sold. And on to a fun fast car that will look good and cruise good.

C5 Z06 0r C6?

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing wrong with cruising in an '03/04 cobra--great ride quality, no need for longtubes or a big nasty cam to make power. the car idles like it was stock, and no one would ever suspect you've got nearly 700 at the crank. 500-600 rwhp and these cars are completely reliable as long as you don't plan on beating the absolute piss out of it on a daily basis.

like i said, dial it back to a pulleyed car and you'll beat up on c5z's all day long, while maintaining complete reliability. whatever you do, don't sell it immediately with your emotions running hot right now--get a clear head, weigh all your options, and go from there

that will look good and cruise good.

I dunno about the cruising, which im assuming it did entirely fine. Your car was the sexiest cobra ive seen in person of that body style. I don't know if im gonna see another one for a while either, the fmic and the sonic blue... oh man that was one sexy car. Not to mention the big ass chrome wheels... mmm. Don't sell it man

Selling it will only piss you off later, another car is not the answer. Thats only starting over, fix the car turn the boost down. Can't tell you how many times I kick myself, just for getting rid of something I was pissed at. Don't do it!

Don't stray from your goals now. If things were easy everyone would do it. While the thought of giving up on mine crossed my mind many times, I am sticking with my original goals. It's time to just overcome a few issues. Being one of the best at anyting is not giving up and coming back better then ever.

Don't stray from your goals now. If things were easy everyone would do it. While the thought of giving up on mine crossed my mind many times, I am sticking with my original goals. It's time to just overcome a few issues. Being one of the best at anyting is not giving up and coming back better then ever.

U shut up you racist!!!! ;)

Nice thing about Hellion is I do have a warranty on the turbo and lines. So if they are fucked I will be taking pictures tomorrow and sending them in. I am good with Mr. Barry the owner of Hellion so we'll see what happens. While driving after the smoke out, it smoked all the way home and ran fine. No noises. I have heard rod knock before so none of that. I also am aware if I were to have punched a hole in the motor it would have just shut off. I could have seen this happening if I daily drove the car but the damn thing sits in a garage 4/5 days a week. I mean fuck, I have spent endless amounts trying to get this bullet proof and when I thought I was close to the end finishing the rearend this happens. If nothing short of miraculous happens in the next two weeks it will be fixed and sold. To make room for something I think most everyone here will dig. And it isn't a GM or Ford or Import for that matter :)

You should edit your post on svtper. If you did mess the turbo up and they see you drove 10 miles after seeing smoke. I would think they wouldn't cover any damage to the turbo.

My engine that threw a rod still started and ran. It just had a miss to it. It had a hole on both sides of the block. My engine was still running this time before I pulled it. It had a lot of smoke coming from the catch can.

You should edit your post on svtper. If you did mess the turbo up and they see you drove 10 miles after seeing smoke. I would think they wouldn't cover any damage to the turbo.

My engine that threw a rod still started and ran. It just had a miss to it. It had a hole on both sides of the block. My engine was still running this time before I pulled it. It had a lot of smoke coming from the catch can.

i edited it, good thinking.

Dover,

Does the car run smooth at idle and light cruising? If so my hope is the turbo is the problem. I was standing at the back door of the shop with Phil and company and watched you as you drove off. The car was smoking a little blue then when you goosed it near the car wash. Spark Plugs are worth a 1000 words. If all 8 plugs look the same color then chances are the motor is fine. I find it hard to believe the motor gave up the ghost that fast. I have a handful of 2.8H KB cars making close to 700 rwhp who have to run more boost and a more aggressive tune to make that kind of power. One guy is spraying and making close to 800 rwhp. Please keep us posted.

That's horrible, the worst I can say that happened to me was really weird stuff happening with my trans, but i got it rebuilt by my uncle and it's been good since, i broke an axle being stupid but I fixed that too. If something like that happened to me, I don't know what I would do, that would probably be the end of me working on my car for awhile. I don't know shit about fords, but your cobra was damn respectable, you should fix it up to be better than it was before. Good luck. :)